First CETRes Donation

rating: +35+x

Graciously donated by a Richard Michael Maisnon (possibly an alias) on behalf of the Center for Eschatological and Transcendental Research. CETRes officials later contacted the Health and Prevention Mission Director (Dr. Lucía Robres) to deliver detailed indications on how to operate the asset.

Of Interest: user-friendly, sessile (to water), non-hazardous organism, designed organism (Animalia, Mammalia?, Artiodactyla? - unclassed), abnormal entropy, ongoing research, ongoing programme, sentience?, intelligence?, donation?, prospective Specialist member?

Asset Summary: Transcript of the vocal report performed by Dr. Lucía Robres, Health and Prevention Director, to her MCF co-workers.
MCF-8.png

Entry Ref: 007/05/23-1-Health and Prevention (Headquarters, to All)


Given the unconventional communication methods used by our benefactors in this occasion, I can only ask for your collective understanding when reviewing this document. However, before I request a leave of absence due to possible mental health issues, I will present my report. This is, of course, mandatory, and I will comply with all subsequent security regulations to make sure I am neither a danger to myself nor a liability to the Manna Charitable Foundation.

The CETRes wrote this information directly in my mind. It is a piece of eidetic data, complete and, as far as I can tell, impossible to alter. Since they are a novel benefactor group, their donation won't be turned into an asset until proper research has been conducted. This is also mandatory, and has been sanctioned as a prime safety restriction by the other Mission Directors. We hope future contact with the CETRes is less jarring — if they contact us at all.

This is the best I can put in words the information the person, persons, entity or entities involved recorded in me:

The soul-seekers of the Center for Eschatological and Transcendental Research have found you, Lucía Robres. You are an appropriate liaison for our exchange with your most Charitable institute.

We hope this mind-merging event finds you well.

Let us assure you, this method of contact is the most comfortable for both your institute and ours, since any other messenger would be probably lost or hurt in the process of receiving such a considerable amount of information on the topic at hand. Your mind, however, is connected to a perfect, immutable soul, and thus it is both appropriate and precious. We extend to your person an invitation to visit our facilities-space-place-thought-conceptual area once you pass or shed from your material carcass. Without further ado, let us confer about the Entity.

The Entity is an old member of the CETRes, and a dear friend-relative-thing to many of our current members, a mentor to several of them in their new matterless identities. The Entity, however, chose to relinquish itself back into the world, connecting to a physical existence to perform a function you would certainly approve of: cleanse (from the point of view of a living mammal carcass) water to make it physically, chemically, biologically and escathologically viable as substrate for all beings willing to acquire it, except, obviously, many beings so small and meaningless they can hardly have any relevance, since they cannot support a perfect, immutable soul, and thus they are of no interest to us.

The Entity has created a structured micronet around its abdominal area. This micronet, composed of cellular and non-cellular elements, acts as a filter feeder. This filter feeder retains all molecules that include carbon atoms and most atoms heavy enough to be incompatible with current standard biological configuration in your planet's ecosphere. It should be able to recognize all physical, chemical, biological and escathological threats to animal life and acquire them as sustenance.

Submerse the Entity on a solution mostly composed of water. The Entity shall cleanse your water. Expose the Entity to air, vacuum or soil. The Entity shall weaken and its carcass fail. Expose the Entity to solutions with a lesser proportion of water. The Entity may weaken, but it is unlikely its carcass may fail.

We desire this to be only a first and auspicious contact with your institute. We wish to support your activities, as it further increases the occurrence of perfect, immutable souls in your environment. Furthermore, we request that appropriate care and respectful treatment is provided to the Entity, our dear friend.

Release yourselves from family, friends and body, for they are but their own carcasses. We look forward to working with you. Have a most pleasant day.

That is all it or they said. The item was donated to our European HQ in Barcelona last week by a person who did not leave any identification nor background beyond a name, along with a tank filled with heavily polluted water. I hope this being is all they say it is, because I did not enjoy being hijacked by a transphysical entity. In any case, the Donation will be reclassified as soon as testing begins, and further reclassification will occur, if Mission and Continental members achieve a consensus on its adaptation to field work.


Dr. Lucía Robres is a forty-nine year old Executive Administrator and has been a Health and Prevention Mission Director for two years, although she is currently in a leave of absence. She worked as a volunteer and an Executive member for ten years prior to her appointment as Mission Director. She holds an MD, has considerable field experience and has imparted several courses on abnormal health hazards in developing countries.


COMMENTS: Comments disabled by MISSIONWATCHADMIN


The conclusions of the report involving the First CETRes donation, informally known as "the Hippo", as written by Mr. Lin Jong, Health and Prevention Research Executive member, follows.

MCF-8.png

Entry Ref: 007/07/11-3-Health and Prevention


We conclude that the organism is a specimen of a previously unknown animal species. Its skeletal structure and general bodily form is reminiscent of the Hexaprotodon liberiensis, or pigmy hippopotamus, with several key differences. It lacks evident external sexual organs, anus or a mouth. A rotund bone protuberance connected to the neck emerges under the cranium, replacing its jaws. All muscles appear to be atrophied, and has not attempted to swim nor leave its tank since it was placed there.

Otherwise, the specimen reacts with 'vocalizations' — probably generated by internal bowel movements — to environmental sound, to which it is extremely sensitive. It is, as far as we can test this capacity, functionally blind.

Preliminary testing confirms that the organism is able to rapidly acquire any materials suspended in a water solution (from 53% saturation upwards) thanks to a specialized tissue similar to filter feeders emerging from its abdomen. This tissue adopts a configuration similar to bundles of fine tendrils that ramify, occupying all available space within its container. This organ is able to regenerate rapidly, but all samples taken from it die once separated from the entity, so an histological study has been impossible.

However, we estimate the specimen is able to perfectly filter a flow of water beyond thirty cubic meters per second, eliminating all native microscopic lifeforms and pollutants; that is, if placed in a middle-sized river, it will extend its tendrils and turn them into a net which will clear all incoming water until it is perfectly potable. Mass absorbed by this filter must be used to feed and sustain the entity, since it seems to be rapidly gaining in size and mass. We suspect the entity would make its filter feeders grow with this extra mass, rapidly filling any container it is placed in, but we have no idea of the growth pattern its main body would follow if fed in excess.

Please note that the organism appears to be sapient and may be intelligent. It has also emitted sounds that may or may not contain information. With regards to all parts involved in its study and operation, we should either find a way to sedate it or try to communicate with it in a formal manner.

Otherwise, I recommend we reclassify this Donation as an active Safe For All Asset. We are ready to deploy it.


Mr. Lin Jong, Mission Health and Prevention Research Executive member serving with the Ruperts-2 Research Work Group, is a thirty-two year old biologist and zoologist. He has two years of field experience as a volunteer in the thirteenth Madagascar Skulljumper Localized Outbreak, and three years of research experience as part of the European Mission Branch.


COMMENTS: Comments disabled by MISSIONWATCHADMIN


Maintenance and Operation:
  • MAINTENANCE: The First CETRes Donation resides in a tank filled with water. Until its operation may commence, the organism must be fed water samples with different normal organisms, toxic molecules and other substances for testing properties.
  • OPERATION: To maximize its efficiency, it is advised that the organism of the First CETRes Donation be placed in a specialized infrastructure which includes concentration pipes leading to an open space, collector chamber, or reservoir where the filtering process may occur. In case the entity grows larger than its current chamber after a dilated operation time, as projected by the Ruperts-2 Work Group, temporary cessation of water filtration and/or Programme operations is advised.

Security Restrictions: As of 31/04/2008, Security Restrictions on the First CETRes Donation are to be as follows:

  • No public release is to be made of the First CETRes Donation's existence. All results of its implementation are to be reported as the result of other sustainable water purification schemes.
  • The First CETRes Donation cannot be released under any circumstances in rivers, lakes or other natural masses of water.

Safety Concerns: Maintenance restricted to trained volunteers and experienced executive members. Otherwise safe for all.

Assigned to:
MCF-6.png

Programme Laascaanood (Somalia), in an Infrastructure-Health-Research capacity. [UNDER WAY] Area of Laascaanood considered critical due to Medium-High Health Concerns which arose due to a new outbreak of the 2008 Rupert's disease epidemic, with an estimated incidence of 3% during the past month in the Sool region and a prospective increase in the number of cases well beyond 30% in the region for this next year. The current state of overall health in the area is severely deteriorated, and current health care structures and organization are minimum. World Parahealth Organization personnel will join Work Group Opal-1 and study current situation, install a base of operations and use the First CETRes Donation to produce:

  • Permanent water treatment plant. Local water supply polluted by Rupert's disease. Work Group advised to use the Third Vesta and First CETRes Donations to create a functional water treatment plant. If properly implemented, this combination could ensure clean water supply for the local community.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License