A Memorandum
rating: +82+x
OFFICIAL ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMORANDUM
From: Dr. Adileh Khayyam, Site-43 Psychologist and Humanoid Anomaly Specialist
To: Dr. Jeremiah Cimmerian, Ethics Committee Liaison
Re: Harrassment of Dr. Scott Fletcher
Attachments: 18 files
Dear Dr. Cimmerian,

As an Ethics Comittee Liaison, you of all people should be aware of the stresses that Foundation personnel face when it comes to working with the anomalous and the conditions that they face on a day-to-day basis. That being said, despite the Ethics Committee's continual work to maintain a healthy organisational culture, the repeated claims of endemic bullying and harrassment continue, with one of the most striking examples of such a case being that of Dr. Scott Fletcher.

Attached is a log of a number of communications which I feel are demonstrative of the toxic culture currently being perpetuated with regards to the organisation of the Foundation as a whole. Dr. Fletcher is only one case, but his is one of the most significant cases I have had during the past six months of my tenure at Site-43. While I have seen many cases of psychological trauma across my work at the Foundation, Dr. Fletcher's remains a significant case because of how emblematic he is of the problems Foundation staff face with regards to mental health and wellbeing.

Suffice it to say in my personal opinion that if this pattern of harrassment and mistreatment continues without serious intervention on the part of the Ethics Committee, Dr. Fletcher's case is only going to be one of many the Department of Psychology will have to deal with.

Kind regards,

Dr. Adileh Khayyam

Emails Recovered From Dr. Fletcher's Inbox


To: Dr. Scott Fletcher
From: Researcher Isaac McCormack
Re: Just saying hey.
Dated: 12th March 2015
Message
Hey Scott. Look, I know that you haven't been feeling all that well lately, but I just wanted to send this to you to let you know that we're all really hoping you'll get better soon and that the whole team misses you here. I'm so sorry about what happened that day, and if you don't respond, that's fine. Just give me a call or something when you get back to work, and I'll buy you a drink, alright? Thanks.

To: Dr. Scott Fletcher
From: Senior Researcher Samuel Morgan
Re: Incident ███-███
Attached: 1 file (postincidentaffidavit.pdf)
Dated: 12th March 2015
Message
Dear Dr. Fletcher,

Attached are the Incident Reports from 25/02/2015 regarding SCP-███ testing, including several sections of testimony you provided with regards to the breach that occurred. Site Director Daniels has requested your affirmation of the testimony you provided. Please fill out these forms and submit them by 26/03/2015.

Kind regards,
S. R. Samuel Morgan

To: Dr. Scott Fletcher
From: Site Director Janet Daniels
Re: Application of Leave (12/03/15)
Dated: 14th March 2015
Message
Dear Dr. Fletcher,

Your request for leave has officially been approved, effective from 15/03/2015 to 05/04/2015.

To: Dr. Scott Fletcher
From: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Re: Counselling
Dated: 16th March 2015
Message
Scott,

I know you probably won't read this until you come back to your office in a few weeks, but when you do get around to reading this, I want to talk to you. If you don't want to talk to me, that's fine, but I saw you in the hall a couple of days ago. To put it kindly, you really look like you need to talk to somebody. Whether or not that person's me, I don't care, but please.

Get better soon.

Adileh

To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Cc: Dr. Scott Fletcher
From: Automated Mailbox Response System
Re: Re: Counselling
Dated: 16th March 2015
Message
Dr. Scott Fletcher is currently away on leave. He will return on the 5th of May, 2015.

Excerpt of Post-Incident ███-███ Analysis Report


…In this case, evidence would seem to suggest that D-11938 and Agent Ari Bayer were cooperatively responsible for the neutralisation of the anomaly formerly designated as SCP-███. D-11938 and Agent Bayer's remains have been reinterred outside Site-43 following incineration to prevent possible contamination of the surrounding site. Given the negligence involved in the testing of SCP-███ with a lagomorph, Site-43 personnel have been issued a reminder as to the danger of careless testing with regards to biological anomalies. Senior Researcher Jill Richards has been disciplined for her involvement in the test and placed on a probationary period given her history with unnecessary testing…

…D-11938 is survived by her daughter, Eileen Cross, while Agent Bayer is survived by his husband, Dr. Scott Fletcher. A private ceremony for both individuals will be held on the 28th of August, with selected members of staff invited to attend alongside Dr. Fletcher and Ms. Cross.


Transcript of a Phone Conversation (27/03/2015)


Dr. Adileh Khayyam: Hello?

Researcher Alex Marshall: Hey, Doc.

Dr. Khayyam: Hi, Alex. Is this to arrange an appointment?

Researcher Marshall: Nah. I just wanted to check in with Scott.

Dr. Khayyam: What do you want to know?

Researcher Marshall: I wanted to know how he's been, you know?

Dr. Khayyam: He doesn't look well.

Researcher Marshall: Really?

Dr. Khayyam: Mister Marshall, to put this bluntly, I met him the other day at a restaurant when I was out on my lunch break. He bought a salad, didn't eat for the entire time I was talking to him and he left to go to the bathroom for about a quarter of an hour before he paid the bill. I would not consider that "healthy" behaviour.

Researcher Marshall: Um. Wow, that's a lot worse than I thought. It's just… the guys back at the lab are struggling to keep up with the work, you know?

Dr. Khayyam: I'm well aware.

Researcher Marshall: Alright then. Yeah. Just, uh, call me when he's gonna come back to work.

Dr. Khayyam: I'll let you know.


Emails Recovered from Dr. Khayyam's Inbox


To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
From: Andrew Gerson
Re: Checking in with you about a few prescriptions (HIGH PRIORITY)
Attachment: 3 files (OCER_19_03_15_A.pdf, OCER_19_03_15_B.pdf, OCER_19_03_15_C.pdf)
Dated: 24th of March, 2015
Message
Hey Adileh,

Found a couple of worrying things from a few patients of yours. Notably, this guy doesn't seem to understand the correct dosage of diazepam. He's come in a few days too early, says he's run out – did you change the dosage? Could you get back to me with regards to whatever's going on here?

Thanks,

Andrew

To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
From: Senior Researcher Samuel Morgan
Re: Absence
Dated: 25th of March, 2015
Message
Dear Dr. Khayyam:

Could I ask you when we'll be expecting Scott back? I understand he needs time to grieve, but we're currently behind on about six weeks of anomalous item processing and several critical pieces of work with some memetic anomalies we need to close before they can continue to balloon further out of control. He's one of our primary specialists here at Memetics and his absence is felt heavily every day.

Please let me know ASAP when Scott will be available for work again.

Regards,

Sam

To: Andrew Gerson
From: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Re: Re: Checking in with you about a few prescriptions
Dated: 26th of March, 2015
Message
Hey Michael,

No, I don't think I've told him to change the dose. Thanks for letting me know: this could get really worrying really fast. I'm going to ask the Medical staff to have him transferred to the Medical ward full time, just in case.

Thanks,

Adileh

To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
From: Disposable Account 20371
Re: [D-33810] PASS THIS ON
Dated: 26th of March, 2015
Message
Hey,

You told me to get in touch when I could and you were right – I told Jake that you'd asked for me to get the laptop and he practically jumped out of his damn seat to get me one. Thanks for that.

First things first: I'm gonna really miss Gracie. She was one of the few vets they had in the barracks here and she was a goddamn great girl, all things considered. Had crazy shop talk, kept on smiling even when we were all about to piss ourselves. A few of the other people here asked me to tell you that they wanted to say thanks for letting them go to the funeral.

Second: tell the doctor I'm sorry. I didn't know Ari, never met the guy myself, but I saw him crying that day.

I don't think anyone would cry that way over someone they didn't miss that much.

I think that's all I've got to say at the moment. I'll talk to you again next week when the guards let me on the laptop again.

To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
From: Andrew Gerson
Re: Re: Leave
Dated: 26th of March, 2015
Message
Sorry to bother you again, Adileh, but this Sam guy keeps picking on me whenever I tell him that "no, Scott's not coming back this week." Could you get someone upstairs to tell him to bugger off if he keeps asking? Thanks.

> From: Samuel Morgan
> To: Andrew Gerson
>
> Dear Mr. Gerson,
>
> A few of my colleagues have reported seeing Dr. Fletcher outside of work. They mainly report that he looks like he's well-recovered from last week's shock, and I have no reason to argue against them. Could you please provide me with some more concrete evidence of his continued need to be on leave?
>
> Thanks,
> Samuel

Thanks for following this up, Adileh.

To: Disposable Account 20371
From: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Re: Re: [D-33810] PASS THIS ON
Dated: 27th of March, 2015
Message
I'll try to get in touch with him the next time I get the chance. If I can arrange a meeting between the two of you, would that help?

To: Andrew Gerson
From: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Re: Kicking This Upstairs
Dated: 27th of March, 2015
Message
At this point, I'm seriously considering filing this as a proper complaint to the Ethics Committee. I'm seeing "no reason to argue against it".

Technical Report (30th of March, 2015)


Ticket #: 1182931230
Severity: High
Issuer: Security Officer Malcolm Wethers
Complaint
Site-43's temporary email account appears to have been disabled by Level 4 Command, despite no known order to disable the account being issued.
Response
Hi Malcolm,

Seems like the account got forcibly closed just yesterday under suspicion of memetic contamination, which is probably why you didn't get told about it. Have you checked the LASHLEY infohazard scans to see if there's any leftover memetic bugs in the email's inbox? There's a one in a million chance that it won't send an alert to the tech staff, though we're working on eradicating that bug once and for all. If it does turn out you fell victim to that particular glitch, I'd say you'd be best off going through the logs yourself.

Alternately, you could file a Mishandled Shutdown Form (available here) to try and reactivate the account. Failing that, you're just going to have to wait for another few weeks while we get the email all cleaned out.

Private Message Recovered From Dr. Khayyam's Inbox (31st of March, 2015)


From: Andrew Gerson
To: Dr. Adileh Khayyam
Re: Oh my god
Attachments: feed18_1130_1200.mp4
Message
Adileh, something's seriously wrong with Sam.

The man's been asking to prescribe pretty goddamn strong amnestics to Scott under suspicion of a "memetic infection", and the only way I could get him off my goddamn back was by telling him he could come to the group therapy session next week if he didn't believe me.

Could you send the attached security video to the Ethics Committee? Let's just say I have a strong feeling that if they get wind of this development they're not going to like Sam very much.

Andy

Disciplinary Report for D-33810 (1st of May, 2015)

Report #: 12382-10223
Disciplinary Action Taken: Warning
Notes: D-33810 was reprimanded for causing a disturbance after being notified of several technical issues which had occurred earlier in the week. These technical issues led to the temporary suspension of her communication privileges, believed to be the reason for her erratic behaviour. As per standard disciplinary escalation, further disruptive behaviour should result in a revocation of such privileges.

Excerpted Security Feed Transcript (2nd of May, 2015)


[CAM FEED 8]

28:25: Alert sounds. Officer Wethers immediately moves to assist medical team. Member of medical team (Dr. Brooke Winters) warns Officer Wethers away.

28:28: Medical team enters Room 16 of the Medical Bay, hosting Dr. Scott Fletcher.

28:51: Dr. Winters exits Room 16 of the Medical Bay. Winters and Wethers converse for some time.

[CAM FEED 3]

28:53: Wethers attempts to converse with D-33810.

28:55: D-33810 appears to dismiss Wethers.

28:56: Wethers exits Room 3.

[CAM FEED 8]

29:01: Alarm ceases sounding.

29:02: Medical team exits Room 16.

<END TRANSCRIPT>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License