Adoption Poster: Cupid!

rating: +80+x

Hello, my name is Cupid!

CupidTheDove

Get To Know Me!

I'm looking for a good and loving home in the Three Portlands-Boring area, preferably with another dove to hang out with. If I don't have a special bird buddy, I'll feel lonesome and gloomy. I'm easy as pie to take care of! I get along with youngsters and other critters like peas in a pod, so long as those other critters don't try to eat me! When I first move in, I can be shy, but with a bit of love and attention I'll warm right up to you.

Even though folks call me Cupid, I’m a lady dove — gals and fellas of my species look the same and I got my name before anybody noticed. Barbary doves, or ringneck doves, have been domesticated for thousands of years, so I’ll feel right at home with you.

If I take a shine to you, I might even have something to show you! When I wing my way on over, tug on your clothes, and fly away again and again, I'm doing my best to get you to tag along toward the fella who would want to see you the most. Watch out, though, since I don't always lead people to the nicest places. Unlike my pigeon cousins, I won't be able to find my way back home if I'm released far away, so you'll have to bring me back yourself after the adventure.

My cage should have enough room for myself and the other dove to stretch out our wings. Unlike parrots, I don't bother with toys. Once I feel safe and sound in your house, I can get very affectionate — a real "love dove!"

Important Things About Me!

  • Living near more than one other dove makes me jumpy and frazzled.
  • However, when it comes to other sorts of birds, the more, the merrier!
  • I was raised outdoors, so I can live in an indoor or outdoor cage.
  • My water and food bowls should be cleaned every day.
  • Commercial dove mix is fine for me, and I'm wild about small, black oil sunflower seeds.
  • I need a container of calcium grit to help me digest my food and get the right nutrients.
  • Make sure I also get some yummy greens, such as lettuce or spinach. I go nuts for chopped up bell peppers!
  • Expect a truckload of poo!

Notes From My Foster Parents!

Cupid is a gentle, amiable dove and a delight to have around. She seemed insistent that I follow her one blustery fall day, so I strolled down Kelso Road until I reached the serene Iseli Nursery. A caretaker was just getting off her shift and she had a smile as cheery as a daisy and a hairstyle that made me envious. I chatted to her about her job and we hit it off immediately. Ten months later, we said our vows at a small gathering. That’s why I named her Cupid (before I realized she was a lady).

~Sara Ikomba

I was so blue when my dear husband passed away, I thought I might accompany him out of grief. I fostered little Cupid as a distraction and she guided me to Tickle Creek Cogworth Church across town. Normally I would never set foot in a church other than Pathway, but I had no other recourse. I met Bernard there, who had just lost his wife of thirty-five years, and we rescued each other. Quite soon after we moved in together, Cupid’s dove friend Antoinette breathed her last and we elected to return Cupid to Wilson’s rather than search for a replacement for Toni.
~Dana Acre

Cupid’s a first-rate feathered friend. She’ll show you all kinds of crazy spots. For example, I never reckoned I’d end up tagging along with a bird to the North American Bigfoot Center. When I mentioned I was jobless in conversation, they literally begged me to apply as a tour guide! One of theirs abandoned his shift without letting anybody know and never answered any attempts to get in touch. I found the time of my life! I never would’ve thought of applying without her and my life would’ve been so much crappier for it. She's terrific around my kiddos, too. Super big-hearted and no sweat to care for! Unfortunately, with another little one on the way, we sadly don’t have the time to keep her in our family.
~Reyna Quintanilla

For more information or adoption:
Address: 31st North Deerway Avenue, Three Portlands
Phone: (503)-555-0187
Email: etis.snoitulosefildliwsnosliw|ofni#etis.snoitulosefildliwsnosliw|ofni
Void: Wilson's Wildlife Solutions!⁂wilsons-wildlife

Sent by: Sara Ikomba
Recipient(s): Anders Wilson
Date: 6/23/2019

Anders,

Cupid is a gentle, amiable dove and a delight to have around, but after what transpired, she can't remain in my home.

For example, she seemed insistent that I follow her one blustery fall day, so I strolled down Kelso Road until I reached the serene Iseli Nursery. A caretaker was just getting off her shift and she had a smile as cheery as a daisy and a hairstyle that made me envious. I chatted to her about her job and we hit it off immediately. Ten months later, we said our vows at a small gathering. That’s why I named her Cupid (before I realized she was a lady). Whenever Maddie needed me from afar, Cupid would pluck at my dress and guide me to her.

Unfortunately, Beth was passing through town (unbeknownst to me) a couple of hours ago, even though I moved across several states so Beth would never lay her hands on me again. Maddie was in Seattle watching her nephew’s play.

For years, Beth would turn up at my bookstore or when I went out to dinner and tell me about the abhorrent future she had planned for us. I couldn't even wash my dishes without fearing the sound of Beth’s distinctive knock or the sight of her leaning against my doorframe with a gun. When Cupid brought me to the gas station where her dirt-speckled sedan was parked, I ran until the pain from my lungs made me vomit in an overgrown field.

Please take Cupid away from me. Warn the next owner.

Sincerely,

Sara Ikomba

Sent by: Mohammed Abdel Rahim
Recipient(s): Anders Wilson
Date: 5/03/2020

Mister Anders Wilson,

You told me I would be the perfect owner for Cupid because I know of nobody who wishes to meet me to do me harm. You were wrong.

My father always said that patience was the foundation for building quality relationships. When I agreed to foster Cupid, I had been patient for twenty-two years in seeking a woman to share the sunrise. I don't look hideous and I believe I have plenty to offer, but whenever I try to speak to one, I stutter and scamper away, worried I might frighten her with some impropriety. My parents have set me up with a few women, but I ended up not even letting them into my car, driving off in fright. Cupid seemed like the perfect opportunity. If she only brought me to people who truly wanted to see me, perhaps I could be confident enough to speak.

With a little patience and care, it was easy to befriend her. Soon, she fluttered right to my hand when I opened her aviary! I provided her lavish accommodations, as my family has considerable wealth. Each day, after hand-feeding her, I would check my portfolio with her perched on my shoulder, hoping she would whisk me away to that special someone.

It finally happened yesterday: she tugged against my suit and I rose to follow. In retrospect, I should have realized I was driving through the dingier areas of Portland, but I was blinded by the dream of at last meeting a potential girlfriend. Cupid pointed me down an alley too small for my car and I parked. After a minute of walking, I felt a gun pressed against my back.

I met not a charming lady but a terrible mugger. He commanded me to hand over not only my wallet but my clothes, which he must have recognized were worth more than my billfold could carry. In terror, I froze, so he beat me repeatedly with the butt of his pistol, stole my possessions, and stripped me to my underwear.

I am done being patient with Cupid. This dove is cursed and I want nothing to do with her. You guys handle her.

Sincerely,

Mohammed Abdel Rahim

Sent by: Chloe Greenlee
Recipient(s): Anders Wilson
Date: 7/14/2020

Anders Wilson,

The grandest necklace has many dazzling jewels. I have already completed most of the tasks necessary to make my life beautiful, adding each emerald with precision and care. With the addition of Cupid, I will achieve perfection. I've heard about her escapades and know precisely how to handle her. Unlike her previous foster parents, I won't let her steer me around. I just want a pet and the knowledge that I am in charge of a unique being. She'll never leave her room with the other dove — she can try to fly me into danger, but all she'll find are walls and bars. I will adopt her without a fostering period.

Yours truly,

Chloe Greenlee

























Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License