Collected Item No. 1080
rating: +53+x

"Mr. Heavenly Virtues" Collected Item Memorandum Catalog #1080

Captured May 2017. Discovered by this writer, Researcher Akane Isanagi, during a chance encounter. Presence on the internet has been confirmed four times total, including September 2017, October 2017, and March 2018 (September 2017 encounter was verified afterward). He is classified as a Type 3 Anomalous Humanoid. We cannot confirm if the anomaly has been in contact with the SCP Foundation, Global Occult Coalition, or other groups researching anomalies (however, this may be a result of his self-concealing properties). As the Shūshū-in currently lacks the ability to collect "Mr. Heavenly Virtues," an anonymous alert to the Foundation is being considered.

"Mr. Heavenly Virtues" appears in internet communities regardless of language utilized. Username, social status, and/or personality has varied between appearances. One point of consistency is that he is generally unmotivated toward community involvement, but is not completely apathetic and is quite intelligent.

"Mr. Heavenly Virtues" appears to manifest his anomalous properties toward users in the same or related internet communities, where user's internet usage is considered unhealthily high. He will purchase one or more items from that user's public Amazon "wishlist" as a gift for that user. If the user does not have a public wishlist, he will urge the user to open a public wishlist in a natural manner, and has given polite instructions on how to do so in some cases. For both previous encounters this writer had with him, the billing name and address of these purchases were his current username and a fictitious address. So far, barring this writer's second encounter, all gifts appear to have an attached message reading: "The highest virtue on the internet is to distance one's self from it."

It appears that upon usage (or consumption in the case of food) of the gift, the gift's recipient will, over the course of half a month, steadily lose a sense of belonging or a desire to participate in the internet community which "Mr. Heavenly Virtues" belongs to. Over the following half a month, the recipient will apparently lose interest in participating in internet activities. For example, outlining this writer's chance encounter with him (May 2017), after eating one package of the "Tengu Beef Jerky Regular 100g x 5 bags" that was sent, this writer's interest in the paranormal niconicommunity "Bōsō Legends Radio 515.6kHz" inexplicably fell over the course of a week. This writer left the community three weeks later, and deactivated the twitter account she created under the same username used in the community one and a half months later. Almost all incidents confirmed by Shūshū-in follow this example. Exempting this writer's encounter, the loss of interest toward the internet in recipients is irreversible. This may be related to all recipients other than this writer appearing to have resumed participation in a (non-internet focused) community following loss of interest in the internet. As an aside, this writer reactivated her Twitter account two months after deactivating, and returned to her previous community under a new username.

Once "Mr. Heavenly Virtues" has affected nearly all users in the same/similar communities with unhealthy internet usage levels, he will change his username to "Mr. Heavenly Virtues" or "Man of Virtue" and cease activity on that account. In two incidents, at the time of the username change, his icon was changed to an image of a Playstation controller drawn in black, white, and blue.

Under the supervision of Dr. Suginoi, this writer tracked the "scent" of "Mr. Heavenly Virtues" based on her memory, and re-encountered him on Twitter on October 8th, 2017. Contact was made afterward under a different name. One week after contact, a "HOKEMA Kalimba 9-tone A minor 7 HK-B9-4" on the writer's wishlist was sent as a gift. No message using Amazon's service was attached, and instead the following was typed onto B4 copy paper and included in the shipping box.

To Akane Isanagi

Hey. This is the second time I've sent you a gift, huh?

To be honest, I was kind of shocked that you didn't quit the internet. I guess it might not help to push people off the internet if they don't have a place offline. I'm going to be more careful from now on. And I'm not blaming you or anything. Completely unironically, I really appreciate that you gave me this chance to reflect on my duty.

Still… there's many… too many people on the internet who need to distance themselves from it. My mom and dad are like that too. So to the Shūshū-in—and other similar groups which you all are aware of—I'm sorry, but I'm going to continue this duty.

To show my appreciation for giving me this opportunity to reflect, and to apologize for needlessly meddling in your affairs, I'm gonna give you some new information.

∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵∴ ∵

Holy Heck! You've just found yourself your very own Mr. Heavenly Virtues by Gamers Against Weed! There's all kinds of virtues and sins, but to us… there's really only one virtue, right? Hey, Doctor Bad-Munakuso-ment, we bet you think so too. What the hell even are you?
 
Find them all and become Mr. Gamer!

01. Mr. Literal Serial Killer
02. Mr. Normie
03. Mr. Bernie Sanders
04. Mr. Get Anything For Free In Any Shop
20. Mr. Sex Number
21. Mr. Heavenly Virtues ✔
22. Mr. Deadly Sins
23. Mr. Original Character
24. Mr. D.A.R.E.
25. Mrs. Gentrification
26. Mr. Mad About Video Games
27. Mr. Meme
28. Mr. Ominous (discontinued)
29. Mr. Destiny
30. Mr. Monty Python And The Holy Grail
31. Ms. Zapatista
32. Mr. Hax
33. Mr. Just Has The Tattoo
34. Mr. Top Text and Mr. Bottom Text
35. Mr. Finale
 
(Translation by: Man of Virtue)

No anomalous effect in line with the other incidents was observed in the gift sent in this instance—either this writer developed a resistance to the anomalous effect, or the effect was not developed with the intention of being used more than once. In addition, "Mr. Heavenly Virtues" ceased activity of this kind directly after the gift was delivered, rendering further pursuit impossible.

On March 16th, 2018, a renewed search successfully led to the re-encounter of "Mr. Heavenly Virtue" on an English-speaking internet community. The Shūshū-in has put attempts at contact on hold, and is continuing surveillance.

NOTE: "Doctor Bad-Munakuso-ment" clearly references "Doctor Wondertainment" (No. 988), but I have a feeling that it might be referring to "the Doctor" (No. 555).
NOTE: We need to continue research on "Gamers Against Weed," but there really aren't any researchers other than me who understand the internet. I don't know much about English-speaking internet culture either.
NOTE: Additional Task - Think of new methods for anonymously tipping off the Foundation. We probably can't keep using the same method anymore.

(Report by Akane Isanagi)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License