CotBG Bible Fragments
rating: +48+x

Note: The following are sections of text recovered from the body of what is assumed to be a member of “The Church of The Broken God.” It is assumed they are part of a larger document or “Bible”, but due to the situation of its recovery, the bulk of this work has been lost. No additional copies of this “bible” have been found on any “church” members captured by The Foundation, however it is safe to assume that these books were disposed of before or during capture, to prevent them from “falling into the hands of the infidel.”

The following texts were among the personal effects of one “Amanda ██████”, a 24-year-old former college student. Records show that she had very slight involvement with SCP-███, however this interaction was deemed insignificant, precluding the need for memory alteration beyond that of the basic “plane crash” cover story. She withdrew from college several months later, and was listed as a “missing person” by her parents after three months of no contact. It is assumed that, for the next two years, she remained with the “Church”. On ███/██/██, a car filled with gasoline canisters and other incendiary devices crashed into “████████ Motors”, the public façade of Site ██. Amanda ██████ was at the wheel, and died in the resulting explosion.

Site ██ suffered no damage from the initial attack, however five Agents and the entirety of “████████ Motors” were lost in the explosion. The subsequent attack by “Church” members resulted in the total lockdown of Site ██ for eight hours, with minor security failures at the two major access points. Investigation as to how the site’s location became known is ongoing.


Editor’s Note: Fragments are presented in order of recovery. The original order of the documents and text is impossible to determine at this time.


…And behold, The Lord spoke unto me, in a voice both soft and terrible, but was silent to the unbeliever. The Lord spoke “Come”, and I did, and I was afraid and fell to my knees, weeping. I rose my hands, and asked “O, mighty Lord, what has become of thy body? Why have you been undone?” The Lord said unto me “Go, and restore me to glory, and I shall restore you in turn”. The voice of God spoke to my heart, and I wept at both the Glory and the Shame of The Heart of our Lord. Thus I came…


…not afraid of The Lord, for He is as we are, broken and scattered. As we restore the body of God, so we restore ourselves. To join with the Lord is good. As we give honor and worship to the Lord, so does He honor us. To serve the Lord is good. As we guard the Lord from harm, so does He…


…Holy, and do not speak of Him to The Unbeliever. To do so is to profane God. The Unbeliever trembles at the feet of The Lord, as we did in our ignorance, but will rise to shatter when we kneel to restore. To allow…


Blessed is the one who frees the Body of God from bondage, for in so doing we free our spirit from bondage. As He calls to…


…Not be consumed, as the Moth is to the Flame? Without our bodies, how will we serve the Lord?” I spoke unto him, holding to him a facet of the Spirit of God. “The Lord consumes the Wicked, and brings the Holy to him. To fear The Lord is to show the Wickedness of the heart. To be Wicked under the will of God is to delay his Resurrection. To delay His return is to join the Defilers in his eternal imprisonment.” Daniel then wept and cried out, and tore at his flesh as the Spirit of God entered him, and ate from him his evil. His Blasphemy was too great, and his wickedness too deep, and lo, The Lord did destroy all that he was, for all that he was Wicked. His rotten shell was…


…very Body of The Lord, the home from which he was driven, the hollow shell to which the Broken God must be restored for his birth, as the seed is restored to the womb, and I cried out and wept with joy as I beheld the Glory. I and the Acolytes of the Lord did go forward, and drove out the Wicked who had Imprisoned the Lord, and they did wail and weep at the retribution of God, and poured their blood in vain against the coming of God. We tore down the wall that entombed the Lord, and found his flesh to be as that of a tomb, and called out for his direction and glory. I walked in the body of the Lord, and was struck by his glory and greatness. Great is the Broken God, and greater still will be his Restoration. As we drew to the center of God, we found the remains of Him still soft and untainted, and did rejoice in it. We worshiped in the Body of The Lord, and lo, His Spirit came to us and took from us three of our number and did consume them, and the others were afraid. I spoke unto them: “Be not afraid of the Embrace of God, for He wishes only…


…is not the far off Ghost: The Lord is with Us. The Lord is not the aloof Emptiness: The Lord hears Us. The Lord is not of Anger: The Lord welcomes Us. The Lord rewards our Sacrifice: The Lord is Fair. The Lord is Broken: The Lord is as We are. The…


…of the Wicked, of the Unfaithful, of the Jailers of The Lord. To harm them is great, to bring them to the Lord is greater. Do not let trust cloud your fellowship, for the Wicked will hide among us, and harm us. Confess the Wicked to us, and bathe in the glory of…


…loss of The Heart of The Lord, an acolyte was brought before It. He heard not the voice of God, and resisted enlightenment. The Faithful brought him again and again to the Heart, but still he rebelled, and fought the Voice of God. When he did hear the Voice, his rebellion and Wickedness would not allow him to embrace God, but drove him farther still, and lo, he came to injure and harm the Faithful. So it came to pass that he was given unto The Lord, and His Heart did accept him readily. Still he resisted, and did not pass in Glory, but with much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and his blood defiled the ground with his Wickedness. This is the nature of God: To resist Him is death, but to join Him is Life Everlasting. As is The Lord, so shall we be: To resist us is death, but to join will bring Life Everlasting. In this…


…is the Lord! Great is His Power, and wide is His Will! Praise be to all who care for The Lord in His exile, for they do the will of God! Though we may suffer in our Faith, God hears and cares for us, and drives…


…came to me weeping, and begged of me, "What shall be done? My son is dead!" I went with her to her home, and found her son lying in bed, and it seemed his deathbed, for no sound came from his lips, nor movement from his breast. As I knelt next to him, I felt The Lord God well up inside me, and saw that his body was not broken, but had become changed. "Come and give praise!" I shouted to her, "For your son has passed from this place of trials, and joined with The Lord!" Trembling she came, and fell to her knees and praised The Lord with loud voice. Her son rose, and the flesh of his body fell away to show its perfect union with…


…time when he left the People of God, and went forth to the Unbelievers. There he profaned the Name of God, and did try to turn their cruelty against us. Great is the Will of God, and far is His reach, for he did turn even the Unbeliever against him, and he was imprisoned as he wished to imprison The Lord. There he was found, and there he was shown the cost of his betrayal, for the People of God did go forth and take him from there, and did dash his head against the stone, and left his Corrupted and Traitorous shell to rot outside the body of God.

Lo, behold and tremble, for this is the least terrible fate of the Betrayer. To betray The Lord is to bring wrath of both the People and the Body of God, and both will exact…


[ADDITIONAL FRAGMENTS WAITING RESTORATION]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License