Happy Father's Day
rating: +73+x

Item #: SCP-001

Object Class: Archon

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-001 should not be contained.

Description: SCP-001 is artist and illustrator Andrew Bosley.

SCP-001 is subject to an impassible effect, which causes certain opinions of him to be universally held as fact. These opinions regarding SCP-001 are collectively shared by all with sufficient knowledge of SCP-001.

The following statements regarding SCP-001 are objectively true:

  • SCP-001 is a talented and creative artist.
  • SCP-001 is a fantastic father.
  • SCP-001 is a loving person.

Addendum 001.1: The following letter had been sent to SCP-001 from his son.

Almost a year ago, I came to you with a draft for a short story. It was a silly little thing about a computer with delusions of grandeur and no one to take him seriously. I took it to you not only because you're so skilled in art and writing, but because I knew that you would be willing to help me. You didn't treat me like a child, nor did you tell me I was wasting my time. You encouraged me to pursue the passion I was showing, and also helped me in growing it and learning.

Fast forward to now. That article's been up for a long time, and did pretty well. I've continued to pursue writing, and I've gotten pretty good at it! But the reason it did so well, or that I even felt the courage to post it at all, was because you encouraged and inspired me. Without your help, I likely would have let my writing fall away, and never would have learned how much I enjoyed it or how good I could be at it.

The reason I'm telling this story is because I realize it's perfectly encapsulated just the kind of person you are, and how wonderful of a father you've been. I am beyond grateful that you've pushed me to use the gifts and talents I have to strengthen myself, and the least I can do is use those talents to give back to you.

Thank you for all you've given me, dad. I'm glad I can celebrate you and your achievements this Father's Day, and I hope you continue to remain an inspiration to the people you meet and guide.

I love you.

Happy Father's Day.

rating: +73+x
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License