LTE-0851-Cetus

rating: +175+x

Threat Entity Database Entry

Threat ID:

LTE-0851-Cetus "Crocodilian Kraken"

Authorized Response Level:

5 (Immediate Response) N/A (Confirmed Destroyed, File Archived)

Description:

A gigafauna (measuring approximately 100 meters long) displaying a mixture of crocodilian and cephalopodic traits. The body plan of the parathreat - with the exception of the head - was pentaradially symmetrical. The lower body of LTE-0851-Cetus terminated in five tentacles, radially arranged. The entity possessed five arms, each arranged along the same axis as the tentacles.

While the head of the entity was outwardly similar to that of a baseline crocodile, the entity possessed five eyes, arranged in an arc along the head. LTE-0851-Cetus had significant paranormal regenerative capabilities, allowing it to survive most conventional weaponry.

LTE-0851-Cetus possessed numerous unique thaumatological capabilities, including the emission of large amounts of Elan Vital Energy, the ability to detect EVE patterns, the ability to cross certain thaumatological boundaries, and Red-IV Regenerative properties. It apparently used the EVE detection abilities in order to hunt.

Shortly before its liquidation, LTE-0851-Cetus displayed the ability to release large quantities of thaumatologic fire from its mouth. This characteristic was not previously observed but has been conjectured to have been an ability LTE-0851-Cetus previously did not possess the required EVE to use, until the events surrounding its liquidation made this possible.

History and Liquidation:

LTE-0851-Cetus was discovered in the North Atlantic Ocean, following an attack on three commercial civilian vessels. An assessment team was deployed to investigate the matter and discovered the entity, as well as determining that the parathreat had previously been held by the Foundation.

Initial liquidation efforts were unsuccessful, due to several factors. Following these, the decision was made to make an attempt in Greenland. However, the parathreat began to travel towards Hy-Brasil,1 due to outside thaumatologic interference.

LTE-0851-Cetus was successfully terminated on June 13, 1988, during the attack upon Hy-Brasil, at the cost of significant damage to the island. As a result of the arrangement made with the monarchy of Hy-Brasil, the Coalition was forced to immediately retreat and was not allowed to interact with the corpse of the entity.

The current location of the corpse of LTE-0851-Cetus is unknown.

PSYCHE Records

Parathreat Investigation

Special Observer:
"Mangrove" (73699274/6H3)

Overview:
A gigafauna of unknown origin has been spotted in the Northern Atlantic Ocean.

Parathreat Evidence:
Following the unexplained disappearance of three civilian commercial vessels, Parathreat Investigators were deployed to examine the planned routes of the vessels for any paranormal interference.

Upon patrolling the route, a large entity came up on our sonar. It was much bigger than anything normal could be, so we took that as indication of a parathreat. We deployed a +1Gen submersible drone down to investigate.

The drone was able to easily find the entity, which was swimming and had not appeared to notice us. It's approximately 90 meters long at the moment and appears to be somewhat squidlike, with elements of what appears to be a crocodile. We got a couple of photos, which I've attached.

Of note is that the entity seemed to have large scarring from what appeared to be military weapons. To me, this implies involvement from one of the major paranormal organizations, as nobody else would fight this and keep it secret.

Suggested Response/Requests:
Perform basic cover-up operations for the three civilian vessels that went missing - they were undoubtedly destroyed by this thing, and have been lost.

Establish a no-go-zone for the general area surrounding where the entity was spotted, so no more civilian vessels will be targeted by the entity.

Prepare a Rules of Engagement for the entity. Recommending a high Response Level, most likely 4 or 5. Immediate Liquidation should be preferred, as this is one of the larger Cetus-entities we've dealt with in a while.

Research where this thing could have come from. It seems a well-armed group had fought it in the past, but I doubt it is from this planet. Possibly alien, possibly extradimensional, possibly an ancient horror that got woken up?

PHYSICS Records

AT/ST Patrol Report (Debrief)

Involved Assessment/Strike Team:

ST-0638

Filing Operative:

"Stormbreath" 96231847/0638

Mission (Location/Objective):

Locate KTE-0851-Cetus in the Atlantic Ocean and liquidate it.

Encounter Report/Enemy Description:

GOCS Viking and Ulysses sailed to the last known location of KTE-0851-Cetus, and easily found the parathreat. Once there, we fired multiple torpedos at the parathreat. A majority of these torpedoes struck, to no effect.

The parathreat then dived down deep, out of the range of our radar. Approximately 20 minutes later, we saw it coming up, right underneath the Viking. It grabbed onto the ship and ripped it apart. It then went beneath the waves again.

Results:

From that point, our mission turned into a rescue operation for the remaining crew. We quickly evaced any survivors and booked it before it came back for the Ulysses.

Personnel Condition:

487 casualties (487 fatalities, 0 injuries)

Conclusions/Recommendations:

If you're going to try to fight this thing again, it cannot happen on water. This is its home turf, and it will destroy anything you throw at it there. Lure it onto land and kill it there.

PSYCHE Records

Following the failure to properly liquidate LTE-0851-Cetus in a naval setting, the decision was made to lure the entity to an appropriate terrestrial setting, in which PHYSICS Division operatives could properly prepare for an encounter.

Due to the position of LTE-0851-Cetus in the Northern Atlantic, it was concluded that the best location in which to liquidate it was a secluded beach on the western shore of Greenland. The government of Denmark was contacted, and an agreement was reached to liquidate the entity in the previously determined area.

Operatives began to lure LTE-0851-Cetus north using EVE patterns, which LTE-0851-Cetus appeared to use to hunt prey. This strategy was successful, and the parathreat began to travel towards the planned liquidation location.

However, operations did not go according to plan.

Analysis of Wards Surrounding Hy-Brasil

Unified Thaumatology Quarterly Vol. 75, No. 2, April 1988, pp. 53-68

International Center for the Study of Unified Thaumatology
Hy-Brasil Campus

By A. Ketterley, L. Belacqua

Abstract
The thaumatologic wards surrounding Hy-Brasil appear to be failing and are no longer properly protecting the city. These wards were established to prevent misfortune from occurring upon the island, which has resulted in a minor aura of thaumatologically good luck within the boundaries of the island. [1] Based upon prior indications of thaumatologic fortune auras, should the wards completely fail, the accumulated misfortune will collapse onto the island. [2]

The sudden reversal of probability within Hy-Brasil within a short time frame will likely have drastic repercussions upon the island and the city located within. The exact nature of these repercussions is unknown but could be drastic.

Based upon past results, it is expected that the failure of these thaumatologic wards will be accompanied by sudden, thaumatological meteorological patterns [3] (similar to an intentional working) as well as extremely high EVE patterns.

Bibliography
1. "Unnatural Laws of Probability Upon the Island of Hy-Brasil"; L. Caldwell et. al.; Unified Thaumatology Quarterly; vol. 43, no. 2, April 1956, pp. 78-92.
2. "Negative Side-Effects of Prolonged Usage of Fortune Wards"; E. Murphy et. al.; Unified Thaumatology Quarterly; vol. 59, no. 4, October 1972, pp. 10-32.
3. "Magic Storms and Failing Wards"; S. Fujiwhara et. al.; Unified Thaumatology Quarterly; vol. 06, no. 1, January 1919, pp. 37-45.

On June 13th, 1988, the wards surrounding Hy-Brasil suddenly and unexpectedly failed, resulting in immediate paranatural weather patterns, and a sudden EVE spike. LTE-0851-Cetus was close to Hy-Brasil as a result of the GOC's intentions to terminate it in Greenland, and immediately traveled towards Hy-Brasil instead.

LTE-0851-Cetus happened to be one of the few paranormal organisms capable of reaching Hy-Brasil under its own ability, and it reached the island, having sensed the large EVE spike. The Coalition was unable to immediately prepare a method of reaching Hy-Brasil and was unable to reach the city immediately.

By the time the Global Occult Coalition was able to reach Hy-Brasil, LTE-0851-Cetus had already caused substantial damage to the infrastructure of the island, including the destruction of the palace. General Rockefeller immediately ordered heavy bombardment of the parathreat without regard for the existing infrastructure, the majority of which had already been destroyed.

During the attack, LTE-0851-Cetus displayed the ability to breathe large amounts of thaumatological fire, which had not been previously observed. It has been theorized that LTE-0851-Cetus needed a requisite amount of EVE in order to release such an attack, which it did not possess until it absorbed a large amount of EVE released during the fall of Hy-Brasil's wards.

The initial assault upon LTE-0851-Cetus was unsuccessful, as a result of the entity's regenerative properties. Bombardment of the parathreat continued until General Rockefeller gave the order to deploy a Casaba-Howitzer Nuclear Directed Energy Weapon, which had been intended for use as a last resort.

The +2Gen-CHN was successful at liquidating the parathreat, but resulted in a significant amount of damage to the surrounding area of Hy-Brasil. During the resultant cleanup and aftermath of the event, the heir apparent to the throne of Hy-Brasil commanded the Coalition to immediately withdraw. As a result, the GOC was not able to conduct proper cleanup measures of LTE-0851-Cetus's remains.

PTOLEMY Records

AOD (Armaments Used in Destruction) report from the files of Marshall Prescott, Quartermaster Sergeant-Sector 06. For the purposes of brevity, only +1/2Gen and AltGen Equipment have been listed.

Quartermasters Division-AOD-0691
Item Designation Title Qty
1 +1Gen-NBS GOC Nuclear Battleships Ulysses and Aeneas 2
Notes: The Ulysses and the Aeneas contained the appropriate thaumatological instruments for reaching Hy-Brasil, and allowed Coalition agents to deploy there.
2 +2Gen-PCT Concentrated Plasma Cannon Tank 6
Notes: The plasma streams fired were able to severely damage the scales of LTE-0851-Cetus. The scale damage dealt in this way to LTE-0851-Cetus did not regenerate as quickly as damage by other armaments.
3 +1Gen-5GJ Fifth Generation Jet Fighter 8
Notes: The fighter jets were able to redirect the movements of LTE-0851-Cetus, keeping it from areas designated as major civilian safezones.
4 AltGen-TKB Thaumatologically Keyed Bombs 12
Notes: Bombs keyed using thaumatological ritual to only harm the parathreat, and cause no destruction to the surrounding area. These were effective, but due to the sudden nature of the attack, only a limited number were ready for deployment and were not enough to kill it.
5 AltGen-ATC Anti-Thaumatologic Cannons 4
Notes: Having noted the high levels of EVE and Akiva radiation emitted by LTE-0851-Cetus, anti-thaumatological weapons were deployed in the hopes of nullifying the parascientific properties of the parathreat. These weapons were only partially successful, but managed to slow some of the entity's regenerative properties.
6 +2Gen-MHM Magneto Hydrodynamic Explosive Munitions 10
Notes: Ten MAHEM warheads were deployed with the goal of penetrating the scales of the parathreat, which had been resistant to prior forms of attack. These weapons were successful at damaging the scales of the entity.
7 AltGen-GER Gravity Enhanced Railgun 3
Notes: Three Gravity-Enhanced Railgun units were deployed to fire several payloads of conventional weaponry at LTE-0851-Cetus. The payload of the GER units deployed did not significantly harm the parathreat.
8 +2Gen-CHN Casaba-Howitzer Nuclear Directed Energy Weapon 1
Notes: The +2Gen-CHN was deployed to Hy-Brasil only for usage as a last resort weapon, upon the failure of all other weapons to liquidate LTE-0851-Cetus. This armament was able to successfully liquidate the parathreat.

PHYSICS Records

Office of the Undersecretary General
Sender General Rockefeller Recipient Madam al Fine
Subject Liquidation of LTE-0851-Cetus and Resultant Damage to Hy-Brasil
I am pleased to report that our operatives were able to kill LTE-0851-Cetus (the Crocodilian Kraken) on June 13th, 1988, in Hy-Brasil.

By the time we made it to Hy-Brasil, the city had already descended into chaos and ruin. The storm was bad enough to cause panic, and then a fire-breathing squid monster crawled out of the ocean. It was a recipe for disaster, and that is what happened.

We bombarded that beast with everything we had, but it regenerated from just about everything we threw at it. I burned a hole in it straight down to the bone and minutes later you couldn't even tell I did anything.

It took hours of blasting it with our most advanced weaponry for it to begin to falter. We shot it with magic, with bullets, with fire, with plasma and they only slowed it down a little.

After all of our weapons had done nothing to it, I decided I had enough. The only weapon that had done much of anything was the Plasma Tanks, and I came to the conclusion that an energy weapon was our best option. Given that, the usage of the Casaba-Howitzer became justified.

Since that was the first field usage of the Casaba-Howitzer, I am expected to briefly address how it functioned: extremely well. It annihilated the parathreat. Left a hole right in its head that didn't grow back.

But that's my problem - the parathreat was not the only victim of the device. It destroyed far too much of the surrounding area of Hy-Brasil for my standards. Initial reports of the incident have indicated that there were several hundred civilian casualties as a result of the deployment of the device. The usage of the Casaba-Howitzer was not justified.

The decision to use the Casaba-Howitzer was entirely my own. None of my men were responsible, and those that activated it were only following orders. The deaths of those caused as a result of the weapon's deployment are my responsibility.

Madam al Fine, I am filing a court-martial against myself for violations of Third Mission Concerns. Regardless of their findings, I will be retiring from service, as I can no longer view myself as equitably acting out the good of the world.

I have failed the Coalition and, more importantly, humanity.

General Rockefeller was tried by the Council of 108 for violations of Third Mission (Protection) Concerns and was found Not Guilty, by reason of the primacy of the First Mission (Survival) over the Third Mission. The liquidation of LTE-0851-Cetus was deemed to be a significant enough threat to First Mission concerns as to necessitate the complete abandoning of all other Missions. Thusly, the deployment of the Casaba-Howitzer Nuclear Directed Energy Weapon was excusable.

Based upon the testimony and insistence of General Rockefeller, further usage of the +2Gen-CHN has been permanently suspended by the Global Occult Coalition for general usage. However, the Council of 108 has retained the right to deploy the +2Gen-CHN in high priority decisions, as decided by the Council of 108.

Following his acquittal, General Rockefeller voluntarily retired from Global Occult Coalition service.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License