News for January 2016

« December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 »

Welcome to this installment of site news! This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fancontent for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

On-Site News

Featured Articles

  • The featured articles for this month are SCP-1431 ("Scavenger Hunt!") by UglyFlowerUglyFlower and A Visitation by AssertiveRolandAssertiveRoland. One's about the exciting "SALVADOR’S STRANGE SCAVENGER HUNT!", and the other is about a visitor that perhaps knows too much about a certain book. Check them out!
  • The featured articles from last month were SCP-1509 ("The Blade of Rebirth") by RioghailRioghail and I ≠ I by Von PincierVon Pincier. One's about a blade that summons things previously dead, and the other is about The Divine. Check them out if you missed them!

Rest of the News

  • In case you weren't aware, the News Hub has been up! It's good to do this, and though this edition is very untimely, I'm still happy to have made it this far.
  • Also an untimely announcement; the Mobile Task Force Contest that I'm running is underway! Signups lasted for a couple weeks, and as of this writing, there's not much time left until posting starts. I hope you all enjoy the content that comes as a result of this! I'm looking forward to seeing what the community has whipped up <3

Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month. Winter has been underway here as we have many articles alike, chilling and otherwise. Thank you to WogglebugWogglebug for doing most of the writing for me here. Big help :D

Week of January 1st

Everyone's still hungover, but there are still a few party favors to keep you… hydrated? Not sure where that was supposed to be going. Note: Insert better New Year's pun here.

SCPs

  • SCP-2590 ("Trailer Trash") - This spooky-ass ghost truck is going to ruin your entire life. Or maybe it'll just sell you a phone. It's kind of hard to say, really. Manufactured along the Styx by MultiscoopMultiscoop.
  • SCP-2515 ("Napoleon Crossing the Urals") - Throughout history, art has been a means by which people could communicate events and ideas to wide audiences. You never know what lies a work will tell you. Carefully painted by UnivineUnivine.

Tales

  • Your Last First Day - I don't really remember what this one is about. Probably written by qntmqntm. Seriously though it's so good I'm going to die.
  • SCP-REDD - The final nail in a very old coffin, but probably not the last. Watch in wonder and amazement, as the harrowing tale of Mr. Redd unfolds! Written by TwistedGearsTwistedGears.
  • Casefile for Simferopol - An exciting and certainly relevant look at how the Foundation responds to broad conflicts. Prepare yourself for healthy heapings of bureaucrotastic mono-space font. Prepared by Technician DownsTechnician Downs.

Week of January 8th

What happens when you cross a dead gorilla and horrible childhood trauma? Nothing. Nothing happens.

SCPs

  • SCP-2292 ("Gorilla beringei necromantiae") - If you're looking for a cross between Koko the gorilla and several lich kings, with a bit of tragedy thrown in, you're probably in the right place. Just watch out for all those spooky scary simian skeletons. Etched by MetaphysicianMetaphysician.
  • SCP-2311 ("Baby Wizard") - Neither a baby nor a real wizard, but some horrific amalgam of both. Exactly what they teach you not to do at Hogwarts. Who knew magic could be so very depressing? Written by DisquietRiotDisquietRiot.

Tales

  • And Again - Childhood can be a very confusing time, especially when you barely know what your real name is. Related to SCP-2888. Written by KalininKalinin.

Week of January 15th

It's the middle of January and it's snowing SCPs. Half of these are hilarious, and the other half probably want to kill you. Plus, there's bound to be some crossover.

SCPs

  • SCP-2303 ("Tower of Silence") - Turns out conceptual hell is just some building in Argentina. At least it's quiet, there. Just remember, you can't take it with you. Entombed by KalininKalinin.
  • SCP-2447 ("Modular Animals") - They're modular animals! Switch between thousands of fun-packed combinations! Survival not guaranteed. Snapped together by EekiumEekium.
  • SCP-010-J ("WHAT KETER I DON'T SEE ANY KETER") - Nope, no Keter here. No way are we all doomed to a horrific death, stretched across the event horizon of an entity that knows only hate and destruction. Not a chance. Written by daveyoufooldaveyoufool.
  • SCP-644 ("Mr. Hot") - Misters are so in right now. Spoiler: This doesn't involve nearly as much fire as you might anticipate. Written by TyGentlyTyGently.
  • SCP-527 ("Mr. Fish") - What were you expecting, really? Aquaman? It's just a fish. Written by djkaktusdjkaktus.
  • SCP-2270 ("An Unnecessary Utilization of Excessive Force") - Praise the sun! Or don't. Probably don't. Don't is almost certainly the best option here. But hey, maybe. I'm just saying it's an option, is all. Divined from the hateful screams of the eternal by djkaktusdjkaktus.
  • SCP-2176 ("Ghostlight™") - The end product of what was likely most awkward pitch meeting in history. At least they're energy efficient. Written by GreenWolfGreenWolf.

Tales

Week of January 22 - 31st

Half the US is covered in snow fifty feet deep, and there are plenty of SCPs to keep you company. Or eat you. It's pretty wild out there, after all.

SCPs

  • SCP-200-J ("Refrigerator Logic") - You know that thing, where you look for something in the fridge and you can't find it, so you close it and open it back up again and it's just sitting right there, and you feel like you've been duped? Blame this guy. What a jerk. Written by ribby97ribby97.
  • SCP-2564 ("Willow Glen Community Hospital") - It's a murder mystery hospital! But who's the killer? And who's the killer of the killer? And who killed the killer of the killer's killer? Killed by AJMansfieldAJMansfield and TrainMan2001 does not match any existing user name.
  • SCP-2316 ("Field Trip") - It is imperative that you ignore any inklings of doubt raised in your head as you read. It is your duty to contain, not save. You do not recognize the bodies in the water. Written by djkaktusdjkaktus.
  • SCP-2306 ("Revenant AI") - With the new NANKEEN™ Computer Repair System, your technical problems will be a thing of the past! "Programmed" by Jacob ConwellJacob Conwell.
  • SCP-2359 ("Latest Staff Notice: "Do Not Observe"") - Don't look. Really though, don't. Looking is a terrible idea. Don't even think about looking. No looking allowed. Oh, you looked. Looked at by StringentCurryStringentCurry.
  • SCP-414 ("Regardless, I Might Prefer Myself Sick") - For once, I (or someone I had help write these) couldn't come up with a suitable blurb, because it's so emotionally-affecting. Written by SoullessSingularitySoullessSingularity.
  • SCP-2979 ("Your Secondary School Physics Teacher, Mr. [REDACTED]") - Do you remember that time when we all went out to the lake, and set off that rocket, and it went up and up and up and never came down, and eventually they found it on the moon? No? Written by EekiumEekium.
  • SCP-2583 ("Dust to Dust") - This is probably the cutest mass of particulate waste matter that you'll ever see. Written by DrewbearDrewbear.
  • SCP-2938 ("Capel Celyn") - This SCP is all around you, and can be deadly if inhaled in just a matter of minutes. It's so real it's scary. Written by DrewbearDrewbear.
  • SCP-2798 ("This Dying World") - We're all in this together. Not sure what that means, but hopefully we'll all find out come November. Amalgamated by KalininKalinin.
  • SCP-1186 ("Cochlear Cicadas") - Creepy critters crawling in your ears, whispering to you sweet dreams of the Buddha. A rewrite by MrWrongMrWrong, having originally been written by Bunton.
  • SCP-2818 ("A Gun That Shoots People") - Guns don't kill people, guns use people to kill people. Written by djkaktusdjkaktus.
  • SCP-2363 ("The Womb Farm") - Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew. Ew. Written by Dr SoloDr Solo.
  • SCP-2534 ("Future Pennies") - They're pennies. From the future. Think twice before picking up that change on the ground. Written by hi im stelhi im stel.

Tales

  • Too Insane To Fail - When space wizard and his catgirl friends go up against the Foundation, you know things are going to get real. Part of the Stealing Solidarity canon. Written by TobiasTheTapirTobiasTheTapir.
  • Letters from Benares - A series of correspondences from the far reaches of the empire, detailing a delightful expansion of the mind and soul. Also the body. Maybe not all that delightful. Related to SCP-2833. Written by psulpsul.
  • The Iron Wolf - What do you get when you mix the Broken God and Sarkic Cults? Horrible bloodshed, that's what. Written by SunnyClockworkSunnyClockwork.
  • Welcome to This Fabulous Magical Locked Door - Libraries need guards, especially when there are people inside. An orientation on the ancient art of Way-watching. Written by BryxBryx.
  • For Old Time's Sake - In the land of the ice and snow, we are delivered a colorful reminder that SCPs are fake. Falsified by BenningsBennings.
  • Colors - A tale about colors and light and all sorts of terrible things. Written by the probably-coincidentally-named Cyantreuse does not match any existing user name.

Author Pages

  • Eekium's Author Page - EekiumEekium's author page! Eekium is apparently some sort of renaissance man, and has decided to add 'SCP writering' to his retinue. We'll surely be getting that Fifthist hymnal soon.

Fandom Stuff

What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…

  • Remember SameFrame? They did that awesome short film about SCP-004. They're back with a new one about SCP-178! Still suitably creepy and haunting. They're also running an Indiegogo if you wish to help support them to make more. (Disclaimer: this is not staff-endorsed, but rather a shout-out done here.)

Thanks for tuning in again, guys! I'm looking forward to making this better and better as 2016 goes on. If you have any thoughts or feedback, please leave a comment or PM me. Come back again next month when there's more articles and content coming your way, as always!

« December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License