News for July 2018

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

Summers finally kicked off (and for real this time) and with that comes articles! Let's begin :)

Before that, a quick thank you to TSATPWTCOTTTADC, who has been collecting fan art for these the past few months, and has now officially joined the Site News team to do just that!

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Featured Articles

  • The featured articles for July were SCP-2338 ("An Unorthodox Adoption") by Rimple, A Brief Explanation of Demonics by AJMansfield and SCP-3949 ("Welcome the Internet") by Weryllium. In the first, a giant jellyfish brings a group of kids into its family, the second is a brief explanation on the quite simple science of demonics and related phenoma, and the third is about an anomalous anime fan pit up against the Foundation's top trolls.

Event Featured Articles

The theme for the month of July was Fire!

  • In SCP-1045 ("Candle of Life"), by Drewbear, the screams of the unknown are seen through the shadows of a candle's light.
  • In SCP-3885 ("The High-Octane Full-Throttle Adventures of the Exploding Zombie Gearheads"), by CadaverCommander, some rather high-octane, full-throttle adventures of exploding zombie gearheads are discovered by the Foundation.
  • In SCP-1660 ("Unearthly Forest"), by Adam Henderson, the fires of a nautilus shell reveals a a world very similar to ours, confined within a very large terrarium.

Week of July 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-2008 ("…but blood must sometimes be spilled…") - "Yo, you talkin' shit?" -Andrew Jackson, probably. Written by Doctor Cimmerian and The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-3453 ("The Juice is Loose") - " SCP-3453 is 250mL of orange juice that is in constant motion. While SCP-3453's movements are unpredictable it has always been observed as a continuous whole1." Written by BlackMagicFine.
  • The Great Hippo's Proposal (feat. PeppersGhost) - " Room 34A contains bad boy. Divide it into three (3) sections of equal mass every hour." Written by The Great Hippo and PeppersGhost
  • SCP-3361 ("Classy Carlos Storms The Shitter") - Did anyone want to be critiqued by a bathroom stall? No. Did Classy Carlos listen? No. Written by GibberingEloquence.
  • SCP-3562 ("See Me After Class") - "All written and typed documents present within the school following this date have been infected by SCP-3562 passive voice." Turned in by Wildman8.
  • SCP-3962 ("Agasesdi's Gift") - A guardian to watch over the bringer of music. Written by Wildman8.
  • SCP-1255 ("Grapes from Dawn Farm and Ranch") - The grapes of wrath. Written by Hot-coles.
  • SCP-3431 ("Refuse Koala") - How a koala manages to survive, much less steal people's stuff, baffles science to this day. Written by Zyn.
  • SCP-3698 ("Fresh Pine") - Unplug, connect with the forest. And never leave. Written by Utich .
  • SCP-3805 ("The Birth Of The World") - "SCP-3805 is a gestating embryonic entity located at the core of what were considered the geological layers of the Earth." Written by Chiriox.
  • SCP-3438 ("Recursive Romance") - You have one chance at romance and all the time in the world. Written by urbandelayed.
  • SCP-3364 ("Time Static") - Time is sometimes given off in certain chemical decompositions. Written by Mr Syzygy.
  • SCP-3468 ("Only YOU can prevent forest fires") - It's a simple rule, really: DON'T MOVE THE ARROW. Written by Smooothcriminal.
  • SCP-2202 ("A Brief Respite") - Sometimes, relaxing in the forest at your apartment is needed after a long day of work. Written by SodiumChloride.
  • SCP-3917 ("Beetles in a Jar") - The BEETLE BOTTLE needs silicon for its BEETLE EMPIRE. Written by ClavigerAI.
  • SCP-1822 ("The Quantification of Luck") - A single number at the root of all events. Written by Billith.
  • SCP-746 ("Pseudo-Avian") - My name is SCP-746 and I'm the fastest bird alive. Written by Baronjoe.
  • SCP-3677 ("Paradix High School: Paradise for the Paranormal") - "Updated weekly whenever we get to it." Written by OthellotheCat.

Tales

Misc

  • Log of Anomalous Items, Vol II - It's back and better than ever! Volume 2 is here and it's now open! Written by WrongJohnSilver.
  • Author's Corner Podcast Hub - You hear that? That's right, it's the hub for Author's Corner, the podcast where you, the author, get to read your stuff and answer questions! More information on the hub :) Written and produced by taylor_itkin.
  • Trans(formative) - Tears shed today for a world gone yesterday. Written by Zachary Maxwell.

Week of July 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-2520 ("The Special Court") - Fuck your courts, I am the law. Written by heartThatYouCallHome.
  • SCP-3623 ("She was my muse") - And I, the foolish sailor who fell in love. Written by Utylike.
  • SCP-015-J ("Just Really Misunderstood") - "Agent Boyd has proposed that, following SCP-015-J settling into its new home, that any informal reference to her as "that weird snake girl" be stricken from the record." Written by Roget.
  • SCP-1654 ("Tuned to a Dead Channel") - The path to reclamation is paved by the sinners' redemption. Written by Varaxous.
  • SCP-1143 ("Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions") - "When worn by an individual (SCP-1143-1) it causes inanimate objects behind the individual to spontaneously explode in a seemingly random pattern." Written by XilasCrowe.
  • SCP-3608 ("The Living Dimension") - Life is an open door, without a house to hold it, sitting in a field. And it's hungry. Written by Doctor Fullham.
  • SCP-3476 ("Grampa's Had About Enough Of Your Sass") - The power of an 80-90 year old, somehow sealed into a single a cane. Written by IAmTheOoga.
  • SCP-3496 ("Can We Bee Friends?") - "We've got one of those fancy "XK- End of World" scenarios in just a few years if we let our honeybee populations die out at their current rates!" Written by ClavigerAI.
  • SCP-1233 ("The Lunatic") - MOON CHAMPION, SUMMONED BY THE GREAT CITIZEN CadaverCommander.
  • SCP-2921 ("Zugzwang") - Every time you make a choice, another you makes another. Written by Billith.
  • SCP-3518 ("Arctic Shrimp") - The past always catches up to us. Written by The Shrake.
  • SCP-3538 ("THE GREATEST CARABINER EVER") - No one ever pays attention to the little guys. Written by Alces_alces.
  • SCP-WOW-J ("Dr. Fynegan and Agent Forelli's Bizarre Adventure") - "Dr. Alto Clef, do you take this giant sentient ice-cream sandwich to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Written by Prototype_Toaster and JackalRelated.
  • SCP-2722 ("Straight on 'Til Morning") - See you space cowboy. Written by Djoric.
  • SCP-3459 ("Phobia Plague") - Like Anthrax but without the dying and if it gave you a fear of Poodles instead. Written by Crocket_Lawnchair.
  • SCP-3691 ("Medium Rare") - Is it wrong to get hungry reading this? Written by bittermixin.
  • SCP-3914 ("Necrocapitalism") - I always knew Jeff Bezos was a corpse puppet being manipulated by the board of necromancers! Written by YoungMeme.
  • how do i delete articles ("how do i delete articles") - oh no i am not good with computer pls to halp. Written by plaguebearer.

Tales

GOI Formats

Misc

Week of July 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-2117 ("Solidarity, Stolen") - Space's coolest crowd funded space ship. Written by Ihp.
  • SCP-3971 ("Utility Closet SB3-117a") - All doors lead somewhere. Written by IsaacTalman.
  • SCP-3038 ("A White Door") - Just a normal, white door… Written by Saikoujikan.
  • SCP-3428 ("Buried Hummingbirds") - The Stone Hummingbirds which once crawled the earth, sentenced to life in dirt. Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-2719-J ("an inside joke") - Yeah, you probably wouldn't get it. It's an inside joke :/ Written by Billith.
  • SCP-3687 ("Anti-Entropy Doorknobs") - Perfect energy transfer and its through a pair of doorknobs. Written by CyberneticTwilly.
  • SCP-2444 ("Flea Circus") - The junk of the multiverse deserves some love too. Written by Roget.
  • SCP-3629 ("Spinder") - " SCP-3629 is a pattern of interactions between a small community of humans in New York City and certain individuals among the subterranean S’kakithi population1 in that vicinity." Written by Anaxagoras.
  • SCP-3921 ("Greco-Roman Atmospheric Reconstruction") - The Tower of Winds, summoning gusts to shake the world. Written by Azmoeth Jikandia.

Tales

  • NJE-4097 - And in 3 days, all of humanity was wiped from the universe… Written by Prototype_Toaster.
  • Smoke - A god, in being fixed, may break a world. Written by djkaktus.
  • The Summer Of Bad Memories - "On this plane, the Great Seal had significantly less effect than on their home plane. Aether flowed around and through them like water." Written by DrMagnus.
  • Site-30's Janitor - No one pays any mind to the janitor. Written by JanitorCakeworth.
  • Cack Hard - Dr. Spanko and 049 team up for the good cause of JUSTICE! Written by Gabriel Jade and Uncle Nicolini.
  • Notes By A Luddite - "I spent my life afraid of change because I knew that a better world would have no need of me." Written by Vezaz.

GOI Formats

Misc

Week of July 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-3685 ("The Fractured Pile") - "The interior of SCP-3685 itself is a highly radioactive, spatially entangled, discontinuous non-euclidean space." Written by Monkatraz.
  • SCP-3495 ("Allism Caecrum Order") - 7 Billion humans, almost all of us blind to our own failings. Written by Taltos.
  • SCP-2544 ("The Call of the Void") - Messages from beyond the narrative. Written by undergroundmonorail.
  • SCP-3474 ("Grief Ignited") - Whoever gave this five year old the ability to control fire did a mercy. Written by Countless Skies.
  • SCP-3565 ("Meat Baby") - FEED THE MEAT. BURP THE MEAT. TUCK IN THE MEAT. Written by PKPhyre1.
  • SCP-3947 ("Robber Duckies") - 5 Ducks and a single purpose: Crime. Written by Crocket_Lawnchair and Doctor Cimmerian.
  • SCP-3918 ("To Starve Her Highness") - "SCP-3918 is the designation for a Class-X Reality Restructuring Entity currently traveling through deep space." Written by Pecan.
  • SCP-952 ("NP Rock") - God's response to 'I have no music preference.' Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-3954 ("Scarecrow's Secrets") - Word gets around the crows. And who better to listen to them than the scarecrow? Written by InkSauce.
  • SCP-1565 ("Martian Turtles") - 'SCP-1565 denotes a group of 37 common snapping turtles (Chelydra serpentina) residing within an irregularly shaped area on Hellas, the largest impact crater on Mars." Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-3471 ("Paint Under the Bridge") - The old man painting at the bridge, giving ease to those who pass. Written by The Shrimp.
  • SCP-3651 ("Make Love, Not War") - The worlds gone sexy. Written by Akibahara, Darsim, Doktor Wunderbar, Zade Roxel and XDisk.
  • SCP-5735-EX (""Mystery 32" (2104)") - Inspiration comes from all sources, even self-sustaining, paradoxical loops. Written by Researcher Blasko.
  • SCP-018-J ("Normal Trench Coat Worn By An Adult") - "When two or more individuals age 16 or younger attempt to wear SCP-018-J simultaneously, it will expand to accommodate all wearers such that they are hidden by the coat." Written by Communism will win.

Tales

  • Ignorance Is Bliss - "I found a cracked mirror on the floor and propped it up against the wall. No head injuries. Black substance on tongue and teeth. I’ve been amnesticized. " Written by TheeSherm.
  • Breathe - "Alex gives him a crooked grin. "Okay, octo-boy."" Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered - Out of all the places in Site-19 to receive life threatening injury, a messy office is probably the least likely. Written by Roget.
  • Classy Carlos Goes To Therapy - The tables have been turned, Carlos. Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • The Voyage - "When all had settled, almost all on earth was undone." Written by ArmLengthRadius.
  • On the Run - "Robert Malthus is many things; 'incapable of great violence' has never been among them." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Moonrise - "She screams until the thing removes her face, and then they disappear." Written by djkaktus.
  • Director Rosie Overcomes His Sour Cream Addiction - "Director Rosie heard someone sliding a keycard outside the door to his office, and hastily shoved the unfinished jar up his ass." Written by TheWydness.
  • Time (Reprise) - "'IMGAY?' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Your Guard - "But my grizzled heart managed to crawl out of its dusty, gray coffin and convinced me that whatever Site-88 had in store for it would be worse off than me chucking it into the ocean." Written by not_a_seagull.
  • The Wisdom To Know The Difference - The anonymous among the anomalous. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • Last Moments - "The water keeps rising." Written by MrBazzle.
  • Two Lost Souls - Moon champion meets a moon friend. Written by Elogee FishTruck.

GOI Formats

Misc


Fandom Stuff

  • Posting for the 4000 Contest has begun! Go out and make history!

Fancontent

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License