News for July 2020

ยซ June 2020 | July 2020 | August 2020 ยป

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • The wiki transitioned to SCPwiki.com as its primary domain.
  • The official twitch channel (twitch.tv/SCPwiki) held two events - a critique seminar and a group writing exercise where Twitch chat participants wrote an SCP article together.
  • The Wanderers' Library wiki updated its overview of the Library's base lore in the Universe Rewrite 2020 event. This lore overview is a great place to get started with the Library.
  • SCP-DE (German language branch of the SCP Wiki) has begun a lore overhaul project. This is a large ongoing endeavor, the first result of which is the reduction in number of SCP-DE secure facilities.

Featured Articles

  • SCP-4793 ("Stele") written by Dyslexion
    "SCP-4793 must be escorted to the Site-20 Medical wing at 7:00 every morning for Procedure-4793."
  • SCP-5550 ("I, Singh, My Body Collected") written by Popsioak
    "SCP-5550 is the designation for approximately three cups of ashes of PoI-1342, Hari Singh Nalwa."

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-1169 ("Lamarck's Giraffe") written and selected by wishun
    "Assignment preference will be given to staff who are irreversibly infertile."
  • SCP-3844 ("To Slay A Dragon") written by Captain Kirby, selected by DrSevere
    "A dragon. There was a dragon in the mountains. And it looked just like we'd imagined."
  • SCP-3881 ("A Disregarded Proposal") written by Ayers, selected by RockTeethMothEyes
    "When worn by a human being, SCP-3881 will immediately transport the wearer to an unknown location."
  • You Never Visit Me Anymore written and selected by Zachary Maxwell
    "She pushed page after page into my hands, always littered with notes and lines under words, in red Sharpie."

You will notice little '๐Ÿ“ˆ' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of July 1st:

SCPs

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-3326 ("The Threads of Fate") - Pluck them at your own peril. Written by Dr Moned.
  • SCP-5973 ("/Ohio has been eliminated.") - Wait, its all Ohio? Always has been. Written by ThisMightBeAuto.
  • SCP-972 ("Immunity") - GET YOUR DAMN SHOTS. Written by weizhong.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5504 ("A Place to Rest") - Respite, a place to regain spirits anew. Written by Legotrekker.
  • SCP-5581 ("To Serve Man") - A most humble servant. Written by Popsioak.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5986 ("Mom, take me to Millie's Candy Shop!") - Too much candy will rot your teeth. Written by Ellie3.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-066-DE ("The Little Spellbook") - Magic at your fingertips! Written by INT_Translator.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-3685 ("The Fractured Pile") - Broken. Written by Monkatraz.
  • SCP-5979 ("Star Crossed Lovers") - May they be together soon. Written by Marcelles_Raynes.
  • SCP-5948 ("A Dead Raccฮฟฮฟn in the Middle of the Street") - Pretty much exactly what the t Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5326 ("Make Way for Anderson's Ducklings") - QUACK Written by Amelia Wright.
  • SCP-5791 ("Coughing Up Concrete") - Of all things to cough up, this is likely the most painful. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-5903 ("In Cauda Venenum (What Are You?)") - What am I? WHAT ARE YOU?! Written by Popsioak.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5502 ("ใ€๏ปฟ๏ผฎ๏ผฉ๏ผง๏ผจ๏ผดใ€€๏ผค๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผถ๏ผฅใ€‘") - a e s t h e t i c d r i v e Written by TheCassowary.
  • SCP-5116 ("The Art of the Deal with the Devil") - Want to learn how the sausage gets made? Written by Anorrack.
  • SCP-2678 ("A City All of Blood") - Population: BLOOD Written by Cerastes.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5517 ("Mother's Grief") - Mother always was too sentimental. Written by SincereDoomguy.
  • SCP-5747 ("Thank You For Flying With Us") - Please collect your baggage from the compartment above your seats. Written by stephlynch.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5483 ("Seafloor Cataloging Procedures") - We're mapping the ocean, baby! Written by not_a_seagull.

Tales

  • Old Daevite Language - "The study of the languages spoken by the Daevites is very much unique in the field of historical linguistics." Written by LonLangLin.
  • I Don't Wanna Be Special (I Just Wanna Survive) - "Dad was quiet today, I guess he's happy. I know that he doesn't like me being around the house but what the hell else am I supposed to do?" Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • Et Ecce Equus Pallidus - "And this shall be a sign unto you: that when the Thorn of God is held once more in the hands of the Faithful, Ion shall be birthed again upon the world in fire and blood." Written by MalyceGraves.
  • Manufactured Nostalgia - "CRUNCH" Written by DrAkimoto.
  • Cack Simulator - "This is right up your alley, 49195. Quick and easy." Written by daveyoufool.
  • Seven Characters Die Unexpectedly - "I beg you to unhand that sugoi hentai before I need to go all bushido on your oppai." Written by A Random Day and ch00bakka.
  • 6ยฝ - "Neither of them spoke, but it was a comfortable silence; Shiloh was used to Laraskรซ driving like a maniac by now, and she kept the radio on a nice station." Written by etoisle.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ A Puppet Held By Broken Strings - "So, you were a product too." Written by Trymeline.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Even in the present, I still live in the past - "Luna could be living a life she never wanted." Written by DianaBerry.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Danelaw of Jorvik - "A treatyโ€ฆ Perhaps our lands will prosper once more." Written by chiifu.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Glass Partition - "Jazz sighs heavily and lowers herself into her bed, looking up at the ceiling for a number of seconds before blackout." Written by Henzoid.

GoI Formats

Misc

Week of July 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4936 ("Summer Vacation ๐Ÿฆ€") - ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€SUMMER TIME๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ€ Written by Nagiros.
  • SCP-5410 ("โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ Time") - Blackbox time? Written by DrAkimoto.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5840 ("To Pander with Cola Pandas") - Yummy soda pandas! Written by Veralta.
  • SCP-5902 ("The Department of Administration") - bureaucracy at its worst. Written by CadaverCommander.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5490 ("The Lost Emperor") - At least this one is wearing clothes. Written by Space_Kaiser.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-149-DE ("The Spirit of Ruin") - A mysterious spirit living in the walls of an old haunt. Written by INT_Translator.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5354 ("The View From Caer Bran") - Its beautiful. Written by Meska.
  • SCP-5620 ("Poems of the Badalisc") - Better than Vogon Poetry, thats for damn sure. Written by PlaguePJP.
  • SCP-5549 ("SECOND SIN") - Pride always comes before the downfall. Written by Rounderhouse.
  • SCP-5409 ("Unpacified") - Alright, who took the baby's pacifier? Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-5466 ("Death of the Creator") - Authors are safe! Written by J Dune.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5543 ("Lost Reward") - I wonder where it went. Written by StardustPrismatic.

Tales

  • Diamond Is Not Kush - "But he wasn't sure if his audience was ready for a character like, well, any of them. Homosexual murder thieves?" Written by kinchtheknifeblade.
  • Substation 9 - "Nobody goes into the basements, anymore. Not unless we have to." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Out of Stasis - "I felt no anger, no emotion swelled, no hitch in my breath, no skip of a heartbeat โ€” I blamed them for Tim's death." Written by DarkStuff.
  • Ess, Why, Dee - "-she beans him with the bass!" Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Hot Latitudes, Cool Attitudes - "I'm in line for Space Mountain when the hole starts screaming." Written by ch00bakka.
  • Wolf Hollow - "I don't think I ever want to go back to Wolf Hollow again." Written by stormbreath.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Last Train Home - "And throughout the clouded mist of Jaideep's brain, there was no further hissing." Written by Popsioak.
  • Safety Reasons - "Iโ€ฆ errโ€ฆ uhhhโ€ฆ yes! Essentially! It'sโ€ฆ somewhat difficult to explain, maybe we should just continue the tour!" Written by Henzoid.

GoI Formats

Misc

Week of July 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-5104 ("Urgent Massage") - A little lower…. Lower…. Written by J Dune.
  • SCP-5412 ("Wasted") - Bro, you're so fucked up. Written by DrAkimoto.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5214 ("Lieder fรผr meine toten Tรถchter") - Gesundheit. Written by Amelia Wright.
  • SCP-5491 ("Disco Never Dies") - Check the 70's cause I'm pretty sure it already did. Written by ThisMightBeAuto.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5071 ("Exquisite Corpses") - I just wanted to make pretty. :( Written by Mew-ltiverse.
  • SCP-5411 ("Alaaniwe") - Anti poaching task force, go! Written by DrAkimoto.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-150-DE ("Die Verteidiger") - Full body armor, ready to assist in containment. Written by INT_Translator.
  • SCP-638 ("Where in the World is Richard Chappell?") - You better not squeal, bub. Written by Rounderhouse.
  • SCP-5540 ("Last moments of pure recall") - S P A C E Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-5932-D ("MTFinity") - Mobile task forces forever! Written by Greyve.

Tales

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Conferencing - "Iโ€™m concerned about you, Iwata-san. You look tired." Written by weizhong.
  • The King Company Textile Plant - "The King Company Textile Plant was a textile factory in Saltville, New York, which operated from 1870 until its almost complete destruction in 1895." Written by Ihp.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Crisis 1.1: Mann and Severus and West Virginia all over - "What happens now?" Written by Roget.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Money, Crime, and Disruption - "It would hopefully be hours before they realised the van was gone, and they would likely blame Foundation forces." Written by Dr Moned.
  • 6ยฒโ„โ‚‚ - "Whatever it was, they could work with it. Shiloh was a fighter. They'd always been a fighter." Written by etoisle.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Three Hundred and Fifty Dollars - "Listen, Michael told me he was able toโ€ฆ persuade them to post your bail. I didn't ask for details, he didn't seem too keen on sharing, let's leave it at that." Written by Henzoid.

GoI Format

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Mission - "Remember not to share the Pass Word for the web page. Daniel told me the whole Web page was deleted last night! Be careful with viruses! Don't click on any bad links!" Written by faminepulse.

Misc

Week of July 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-5818 ("Frankenstein Burger King") - Not to be confused with Frankenstein's Monster's Burger King. Written by J Dune.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5139 ("Acheron's Mists") - They creep forth. Written by DrConte.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5367 ("Wondertainment! Now in schools!") - Oh boy, I can't wait to learn with some Wondertainment(TM) content! Written by Pedagon.
  • SCP-5612 ("Hamartia") - "What could the Creator have been thinking when He shaped that strange flesh? Where must it have come from?" Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • SCP-3790-J ("Pantopicon IV: The Search for Pantopticon III") - Now that's one spooky Petsmart. Written by Rounderhouse.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5555-EX ("As I looked upon a world I knew, though could not remember") - I can't remember reading this article. Huh. Weird. Written by Ralliston.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5048 ("The Bridge of Gaia") - Mother Nature's got a bridge to sell ya. Written by Farcical.
  • SCP-5185 ("fine spiders by dado") - eight legged friends yes Written by KaraKatt.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5038 ("La Rue Macabre is CLOSED") - LA RUE MACABRE IS CLOSED DUE TO SARKIC KILLER Written by MalyceGraves.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5186 ("The Depths That Hunger") - The hungry depths that hunger, hunger once more. Written by Dr Dodds.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4245 ("BellyFlopology") - Down to a science. Written by caspian2.
  • SCP-5797 ("OVERDRIVE") - HAMON YELLOW OVERDRIVE-UUUUUU! Written by ThisMightBeAuto.
  • Roget's Proposal II - What if JFK's head just did that?
  • SCP-3393-EX ("Girlfriend") - People can be dicks to each other sometimes. Written by Captain Kirby.
  • SCP-5451 ("Penguin School, The Best University in the Arctic!") - Mr. Popper's Penguins finally have a place to go. Written by basicskipreader.
  • SCP-5029 ("hello person! Can i help yoo?.png") - A helpful AI. Written by DianaBerry.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5639 ("The Prospero Complex") - Better than Propero Complicated. Written by J Habsburg.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5191 ("A Child for Christmas") - There's only one thing worse than a child… Written by LittleFieryOne.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5380 ("My World") - The world is mine, get back! Written by chiifu.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5344 ("An Uncertain Volume of Willow Ash") - I wonder why the volume is uncertain. How interesting. Written by Pedantique.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5622 ("Your Indoor Neighbor") - As opposed to your outdoor neighbor. Written by Magic8Ball04.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5243 ("The Breach that Keeps On Breaching") - AND IT WILL NEVER STOP BREACHING Written by HarryBlank.
  • SCP-5205 ("Paranormal Activities") - The original before the countless sequels. Written by DrAkimoto.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-5633 ("This Will Require A Great Amount of Blood") - What a bloody mess. Written by Woedenaz.
  • SCP-5731 ("Dolittle's Music Box") - doot doot Written by A Green Squid Kid.
  • SCP-5512 ("A Social Contract") - "People with guns are so quick to threaten violence, as if you invented it." Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • SCP-5072 ("Some Fireflies in Need") - Pollution sucks. Written by chiifu.
  • SCP-5471 ("MEMORIAL 6") - Where are the other 5? Written by NatVoltaic.

Tales

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Anthem Of The Angels - "He stopped hugging her for a moment, and looked into her eyes." Written by KaraKatt.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ AmbroseInternational.pdf - "Don't you think food should be a little moreโ€ฆ exciting?" Written by Trotskyeet.
  • You, Or Your Memory - "After giving one last moment of mourning for the twice-departed, the wind blew again." Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • Being John Wondertainment - "I need to find another Wondertainment :(" Written by Riemann.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Under the Desk - "Well what happened to cause it? Just a general feeling, or something specific?" Written by Henzoid.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Detective Tubb and the Case of the Capricious Keter - "Tubby was placed back in his containment cell and given a big snack before he went back to sleep." Written by Jimthevettech.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Dog of Men - "The enemy has discovered your location, soldier. You know what must be done. Go with honour, for your country." Written by Marcelles_Raynes.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Without You - "I'll be back soon, my love." Written by KaraKatt.
  • Hurt - "A cold wind hit them as they walked down the stairs, and into the parking garage" Written by KaraKatt.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Late Night at the Office - "We will be vacating the premises asap, just a quick reminder of what will happen if you cross us again." Written by Dr Moned.
  • Mornings Are Sometimes Like That - "My name is Jonathan Nakada, and I am O5-12." Written by MalyceGraves.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Meme Culture - "Henry's using that hologram thing Jazz was working on a few months ago so he can be at the meeting while still being in his office." Written by Henzoid.

GoI Formats

  • Note: Your Name is "Nobody" - [Nobody] "If you had another name, it's lost to history now." Written by Iapetus The Acausal.
  • La Rue Posts - Brain Stew - [La Rue Macabre] "nobody is comin out for this stew and i dont get it. i worked hard on this." Written by RockTeethMothEyes.

Misc

Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

SCP Wiki Instagram Fan Art Contest by Various Artist

Contest Entries 1-12Insta1.jpg

Contest Entries 13-24Insta2.jpg

Contest Entries 25-35Insta3.jpg

Achievement Badges For Fun by Kcorena

I See YouKco1.jpgCaught in a self-set trapKco2.jpgDrifting in the echos of the hoursKco3.jpg

The Artsy Creations of Peace0nStix by Peace0nStix

"Dr. Diamante- "First Day on the Job!" pea1.jpgSCP-245 (SCP RPG)pea2.jpg"The Disciple"pea3.jpg

Windwraith's Amino Page by WindWraith

SCP 2328 or "Trashboi" windwraith1.jpgSCP-956 The Childbreakerwindwraith2.jpgSCP 1762 Tributewindwraith3.jpg

Phantoboo's Amino Page by Phantoboo

SCP 2845-The Deer phantoboo1.jpgAre You Lonely? (SCP 1471)phantoboo2.jpgSCP 999 Handmade Modelphantoboo3.jpg

SuperNova's Amino Page by SuperNova

Gearsberg/Icegearssupernova1.jpgKing of the Booooterfliessupernova2.jpgThe World's Gone Beautifulsupernova3.jpg





Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


ยซ June 2020 | July 2020 | August 2020 ยป

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License