News for August 2020

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • A bunch of old articles including SCP-682 got new images!
  • The French branch of the SCP Wiki celebrated 2000 members and 5000 articles at the same time!
  • The INT SCP Discord is setting up new channels to encourage cross-branch collaboration and has started with a joint DE-IT site!
  • The German (DE) Wiki has completed their rules for canon and have facilitated contribution!
  • The Canon Renaissance Contest was announced!

Featured Articles

  • SCP-5309 ("Stele") written by Greyve, selected by captain cold, barredowl, and dianaberry
    "I am Sisyphus.sic, a synthetic intelligence construct employed by the Department of Pataphysics."
  • Substation 9 written by The Great Hippo, selected by karakatt and chiifu
    "I work for an electric company that provides power to over a dozen warehouses and manufacturing complexes."
  • UIU File 2001-023 written by Calibold, selected by Truc Linh, cluadios23, and dr wile.
    "Entity is an immense disembodied eyeball, capable of independent motion and sapient thought."

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles


You will notice little '📈' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of August 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-5738 ("Opportunity Shackles") - The unemployment, it's terrible, isn't it? Flopmind can talk about that, they know what it is.
  • SCP-5271 ("there is a god, and they are a penguin") - Yeah. That's it, that's the thing. Written by chiifu.
  • SCP-5971 ("A Moment Where Words Don't Reach") - And if they can't reach the exit of our mouth, they can't reach for the stars. Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • 📈 SCP-088-PT ("This machine kills communists") - For some people, the old fights a la Pete Seeger stopped being the priority, alas. Written by Vintner, translated by INT_Translator.
  • 📈 SCP-5910 ("This is a true story.") - We're not the type of people who try to hide the truth, oh no. Story writ… told by ThisMightBeAuto.
  • SCP-5079 ("Isolation Reverie") - Being alone is hard, sometimes you reach for someone in the most dangerous way. Dreamed by Grigori Karpin.
  • SCP-5074 ("Childhoods End, and Bubbles Burst") - Say goodbye to the thrills of life / When love was good, life was bad. Bubbles buried in a jungle by Tyumen.
  • SCP-5801 ("Snowman Heaven") - Snowmen go under the sun when they want to die. Written by FluffyDog00.
  • 📈 SCP-1329-RU-EX ("A Little Big Adventure") - And this time, Frédérick Raynal and Media Molecule have nothing to do with it. For real. Written by Arbelict.
  • SCP-5206 ("Threads") - Hey, I know it's not a thing we're supposed to do, but if that interests you, Thread is here again, it's open. And the admins are all asleep, they can't see. How do I know it? Talk to DrAkimoto, man.
  • SCP-5338 ("Sleight of the Bumblebee") - A bumblebee have a great sleight, which is a fact that little of us know. Their sleight is so great that they can win archery contests without effort. Written by PeppersGhost.
  • SCP-5462 ("Misery is the State of Every Soul Burdened by Mortality.") - Yeah, I find this sentence on a Facebook post. Pretty edgy, right? Written by Cerastes.
  • 📈 SCP-1399-RU ("Awake, Once Again") - It's one of those days, when you don't wanna wake up. Written by Arbelict.

Tales

  • B.Wylie Reviews: GATO! - "The first difference can be seen pretty easily when choosing the easy and medium difficulties." Written by JackalRelated.
  • 📈 The Antiquarian - "To have one of his beloved treasures conspire against him… he could find no pleasure in the irony." Written by Meska.
  • Final Form - "I didn't think he'd have super powers!" Written by Henzoid.
  • Statute on SCP Foundation Internal Tribunal Department - "SCP Foundation Internal Tribunal Department is the institutional judicial authority of the Foundation, created in 1944 after the merging of some of the Ethics Committee and the Internal Security Department services." Written by Arbelict.
  • They! - "The SCP Foundation Second Tribunal will now hear the case number 24-А-II/2019. Defendant – Doctor Frank McCreedy, SCP Foundation employee." Written by Arbelict.
  • Mission Accomplished - "I didn’t lie to them, per se. Rumsfeld’s been looking for an excuse for a long time. Let’s just say that I let his imagination wander a bit." Written by weizhong.

Misc

Week of August 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-5595 ("Geoffrey Quincy Harrison the Third: Site-Director, Gumball Machine") - No, we don't have a partnership with Cartoon Network, stop asking. Written by PlaguePJP.
  • 📈 SCP-750-KO ("Revenant Soldier") - Ah, see when I talked above about one of these days when you don't wanna wake up? It's precisely what happen to this guy. I think. Written by Knoth, translated by INT_Translator.
  • SCP-5209 ("File Upload: Source Unknown") - In fact, we know how to identify the source. It's just that we wait because this goddamn Wi-Fi don't want to be fast. Written by DrAkimoto.
  • SCP-1921-J ("Riemann's Router") - Yeah, we use that router but there was no other option, OK? Written by Riemann.

Tales

  • 📈 The Significant Others, Part "B" - "He didn't know how he'd ever be able to look away from her ever again." Written by HarryBlank.
  • Higher Minds - "What does this symbol mean, and why was I conditioned to feel safe around it?" Written by J Dune.
  • 📈 The Significant Others, Part "A" - "Eighteen FUCKING years." Written by HarryBlank.
  • Falconfall - "When you work the streetcar lines in Three Ports, you get used to seeing a lot of faces." Written by Jacob Conwell.
  • 📈 Poisoned Honey - "There is a term among your people: wreik’mádha, heath-honey." Written by OriCat.
  • Numerus - "You open a file labeled Project Pluto - Proposal Thaumiel, that rests where the letter laid, and shuffle through the papers." Written by Elenee FishTruck.
  • 📈 pyrefire (Part 1) - "Why do you push yourself to work more?" Written by forbiddenquest.
  • 📈 Palple - "cato better than doggo" Written by Payroy, translated by INT_Translator.

Misc

Week of August 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP- ("Flax") - It's a flat flex. Simple. Written by Croquembouche.
  • 📈 SCP-5122 ("Eros Bendato") - Do you need to be as classy as that? It's just having a hard-on, it happens to the best of us. Written by Erazm.
  • SCP-5886 ("The Ballad of Jim Biggio") - The Notoriouslio B.I.G.G.I.O. Written by TheeSherm.
  • SCP-5788 ("Partners in sync") - All this and the kitchen sink too. Written by Riemann.
  • 📈 SCP-5675 ("Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là") - J'ai classifié ceci, bien que ceci n'était probablement pas un SCP. Ecrit par ThisMightBeAuto.
  • 📈 SCP-5456 ("Sweatmother") - I've took five cold showers, today. But nothing works because it's too hot on here. faminepulse is melting, right now.
  • SCP-5765 ("A Room With No Bees in It") - THIS LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING A MASSIVE INFLUX OF BEES AUGHT TO FIX. Coffin of Cleopatra opened by Francis Scalia.
  • 📈 SCP-5183 ("Under the Surface") - There's a big shit on here. Written by Flopmind.
  • 📈 SCP-5978 ("Simon Says") - Simon says give a classification to the skip. Simon says work with other researchers for containing the anomaly in a more useful way. Simon says don't die. Game bought by Marcelles_Raynes.
  • SCP-063-J ("Non-Euclidean Geometries") - this skip is so young this skip is so small let's go to the beach and play with a beach ball. Written by Riemann.
  • 📈 SCP-PL-067 ("The dog that leapt through time") - This one is the type of dog who don't question itself about why. It can leapt through time, so it does it and that's all. Written by JosephSolomon, translated by INT_Translator.
  • 📈 SCP-5916 ("Anti-Puncher Shark") - #TheSPCCanGoEatACactusFuckOff. Written by Blarghalt.

Tales

Misc

Week of August 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-139 ("All Eyes on Lucian 👁") - He will not deny that, he's a straight rider. Written by Nagiros.
  • SCP-618 ("Spider on The Wall") - Bob Geldof was already busy and Roger Waters don't wanted to destroy his own wall, so we took care of that. Crushed by stephlynch.
  • 📈 SCP-5977 ("All that glitters is not glass") - But if you break it, it will hurt you. So, if I were you, I would not touch it. Written by Marcelles_Raynes.
  • Arbelict's Proposal - If that don't bother you too much, can you tell me what version of my friend are you? Discovered by Arbelict
  • 📈 SCP-5580 ("The War Goes On") - And it's still be there. And nobody likes it. Written by AnActualCrow.
  • SCP-5175 ("DEATH KNIFE") - FUCK BIG LONG TITLES I HAVE THIS KNIFE, MOTHERFUCKER. Written by J Dune.
  • SCP-5470 ("Why, 2K?") - Because people still want NBA games, apparently. Written by etoisle.
  • 📈 SCP-5230 ("Sweet Dolls Orphanage") - Because everyone needs a place to live. We underestimate often the loneliness that dolls can feel. Written by Dr Moned.
  • SCP-CASH4D-J ("The People Person") - Cause we, the people… Written by HarryBlank.
  • 📈 SCP-5911 ("The SCP Independent Film Festival") - We concluded a partnership with Adult Swim & Williams Street for this. Nothing can go wrong. Hosted by erkdaclerk.
  • SCP-5982 ("The Smoke Gets In Your Eyes") - Cigarettes and cigarettes, the Head Researcher thinks I stink / I've got burn holes on my report, all my homies think I stink. Smoked by Rounderhouse.
  • SCP-CN-767 ("Chart Syndrome") - No hit-parades have been involved in this article. Written by breaddddd, translated by INT_Translator.
  • 📈 SCP-PL-052 ("Subtemporal Bracer") - Yep, we truly need to brace ourselves. Literally. Written by Fs-ior, translated by INT_Translator.

Tales

  • 📈 For Fear of Falling - "The music began then, dark and discordant, a deep base thrumming in the air like a heartbeat, dipping low enough to be inaudible, but loud enough to still be felt." Written by MalyceGraves.
  • 📈 Live Air - "So, Mr. Malburg, in this regard, if you please, answer on one simple question. Are we cool yet?" Written by Agent Lloyd and Ged_Malburg.
  • 📈 The Bed, Lifted - "It didn't take long for him to reach the place where the guys claimed to have witnessed the unimaginable." Written by EthanHanson.
  • 📈 A Cloud Over Lichtenberg - "Judas was not deserving of death at the hands of the Mosquito." Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • 📈 Falling Into Stars - "My End is My Beginning." Written by Lyrics Linn, translated by INT_Translator.
  • 📈 Mauerzeit I - "So far 1961 has been a real 2020." Written by Vezaz.
  • Capitis - "The Romans entered a new age, true. But in order to do so, the Republic had to fall." Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • Catching Up - "Does this have anything to do with the entity that messed with me in ’86?" Written by Grigori Karpin.
  • Umbra - "Anybody would hesitate to step into a living hell." Written by chiifu.
  • Goodnight, Miss Moon - "She feeds us seeds of hope and power; we grow stronger." Written by Luxaiko.
  • The Dire Mother - "She tried to run, screamed as a lance of pain slammed from her shoulders to her feet, and fell." Written by Dr Gears.
  • Illac - "Until that final standstill of entropy; protected, while our cells sit frozen." Written by Lt Flops.
  • 📈 Working at Cannibal Chin's - "What about an endless supply of french fries?" Written by Marcelles_Raynes.
  • Class-A Orange 65 - "You guys really fucked up." Written by daviiid.
  • Flos - "For the world has its eye on us." Written by EstrellaYoshte.

Misc

Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists whose art output is worth following. The thumbnails are clickable.

A Green Squid Kid's Arts n' Crafts by A Green Squid Kid

SCP-079 (Cyborg Collie)dog1.jpgFleasdog2.jpgSit. Chase. Play.dog3.jpg

Desk of Junior Designer S. Yvonne by EstrellaYoshte

Department of Pataphysical Optics and Noospheric Imagingdesk1.pngOverwatch Commanddesk2.pngDepartment of Miscommunicationsdesk3.png

Seyph's Art Page by Seyph

Temporal Anomalies Departmentsey1.jpgLast Breathsey2.jpgThe Nightmare of a Reality Foldersey3.jpg

Bobby McBobster's Amino Page by Bobby McBobster (SkullKandi)

SCP-011bobby1.jpgThe Gate Guardianbobby2.jpgSCP-1471bobby3.jpg

Diana’s Spectacular (Not Really) Art Hub by DianaBerry

5029 Artdiana1.jpgIrisdiana2.jpgSCP-4168diana3.jpg

knightofyi's Amino Page by knightofyi

Imagine Thisknightsofyi1.jpgRed Reality.knightsofyi2.jpgSCP-049 Drawingknightsofyi3.jpg





——

Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License