SCP-096-J
rating: +249+x

Item #: SCP-096-J

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Three copies of SCP-096-J are to be kept on separate USB flash drives in the High Value Storage Locker at Site 38. Foundation cyberanalysis units should attempt to locate and eradicate any uncontained instances of SCP-096-J while in the course of other duties.

Description: SCP-096-J is an anomalous computer program built as an Internet browser applet designed to prevent children and others from encountering sexually explicit material. The program, “NarrAway”, is 2.4 MB in size and has been found modified for function with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari. The program is equipped with settings for “No Limit”, “Partial Limit,” and “Full Limit.”

Computers with SCP-096-J enabled will be unable to display sexually explicit material due to the program's ability to remove explicit components from audiovisual and literary works. This function will operate when possible by editing the narrative of the materials into scenarios wherein sexual congress or situations are unlikely or altering the decisions of actors within the narrative to remove sexual activity. This is reminiscent of SCP-1781's mode of operation, suggesting a possible connection between the two anomalies. See Experiment Log 096-J for examples.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License