SCP-1239
rating: +264+x

Item #: SCP-1239

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Site-███ has been established around SCP-1239-2. When not in use for testing, SCP-1239-1 and removable instances of SCP-1239-3 are to be kept outside of SCP-1239-2 in dedicated storage lockers to prevent accidental activation. SCP-1239-2 should be soundproofed, with all windows obscured from the outside.

Description: SCP-1239 consists of 3 (three) components:

  • SCP-1239-1, a lamp with a standard low voltage power cable, containing artificial flora with 4 (four) flower-like lightbulbs. The words “Hey Kids!” are engraved on the lid.
  • SCP-1239-2, a residence in ██████████, ███████.
  • SCP-1239-3, a specific set of objects present within SCP-1239-2 at time of recovery.

The anomalous effects of SCP-1239 manifest if SCP-1239-1 is powered and viewed by a post-pubescent human subject while both are within SCP-1239-2. Following this, the subject will experience a series of conditional hallucinations until exiting SCP-1239-2, as follows:

  • Subjects will perceive samples of SCP-1239-3 to be different objects. This is apparently consistent between subjects, as all subjects tested have perceived respective SCP-1239 samples in the same way.1 Objects present within SCP-1239-2 other than SCP-1239-3 will be perceived normally by affected subjects.
  • Subjects will perceive any prepubescent or pubescent individuals present within SCP-1239-2 as highly amiable, despite the subjects' prior dispositions or relationship with children, and will express a desire to engage in play activities.
  • Subjects will perceive all expressions of discomfort, pain or displeasure produced by pre-pubescent and pubescent individuals within SCP-1239-2 as expressions of pleasure or enjoyment.

Upon exiting SCP-1239, the hallucinatory symptoms caused by exposure to SCP-1239-1 will cease, and are removed retroactively (i. e., the subject will remember observing SCP-1239-3 samples as they would normally appear, and will be unable to recall experiencing the hallucinations previously caused by SCP-1239). Behaviour caused by SCP-1239, however, will be recalled with an expected degree of detail. As a result of this, subjects are able to recall actions made under the influence of SCP-1239, but are unable to recall the motivation for said actions.

Summarised Recovery Log: SCP-1239 was first identified shortly after an incident occurring in SCP-1239-2 on ████-07-██, in which the respective parents of 10 (ten) children, who had agreed to meet as part of a social event, were exposed to SCP-1239-1. The affected individuals (of which there were 6 (six)) were interviewed and dealt with as per Recovery Protocol 8. A cover story regarding a toxic gas leak was later circulated, and the remains of the children incinerated after analysis.

Note: Testing regarding SCP-1239 has determined that no direct or compulsive behavioural alterations result from exposure to SCP-1239-1.

Excerpt from Document 1239-B
SCP-1239-3 sample Description Hallucinated Appearance
SCP-1239-12 A kettle composed of plastic and stainless steel. A polystyrene sword.
SCP-1239-13 A large oven. A cardboard box, with the words “FORT” written on it in felt-tip pen, and an apparatus with the words “FUN CONTROLS” written above it which corresponds to the dials. The text representing the maximum temperature (200°C) the temperature dial can be set to has been replaced with the word “MAXIMUM FUN”, and the words “FUN BUTTON” have been printed above the button activating the device.
SCP-1239-14 A Glock 19 pistol. A toy handgun, which produces a low-energy red laser upon the trigger being pulled. The object possesses a mechanism to load cartridges normally.
SCP-1239-15 17 (seventeen) 14 (fourteen) batteries of multiple sizes. Multiple biscuits, sugar sweets and other confections, primarily coloured purple, blue and pink.
SCP-1239-16 5 (five) pots and pans of varying sizes, chiefly composed of stainless steel. 5 (five) water balloons of varying sizes and colour, each filled with the near maximum amount of water that they can support.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License