SCP-1381
rating: +42+x

Item #: SCP-1381

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1381 is to be held in a 3m x 3m x 2m chamber lined with 6cm of lead sheeting. The chamber is to be hermetically sealed, unable to be opened from the inside and located at a Site that does not also house felid SCPs. All adult felids discovered on-site are to be captured and euthanized. Testing with SCP-1381 is suspended until further notice.

Description: SCP-1381 is a 1.5m x .8m x .5m dresser cabinet made of pine, of a make and model identified as discontinued by the S█████ Woodworking Company in 20██. It has two doors set beside three drawers, the knobs or pulls once present on both having been removed. The bottom drawer can be opened only partially, and is empty; neither the other drawers nor the doors can be opened manually. The surface of the wood on the left side of the cabinet is shredded and stained with blood. Testing has found the blood to be feline. Imaging has shown the interior to be empty and otherwise consistent with that of a typical cabinet of its make and model.

SCP-1381 has the ability to attract felids with an area of effect approximately 15km in radius. SCP-1381's secondary effect varies depending on the species of felid coming into contact with the object.

When Felis catus is introduced to SCP-1381, it will begin rapidly "digging" at the left side of the cabinet, often vocalizing distress. After one to five minutes of digging behavior, the right door of SCP-1381 will swing open and the animal will enter, the door swinging shut immediately behind it. Attempts to interfere with the felid's behavior will be met with violent resistance. Imaging of SCP-1381 up to ten hours after a subject enters the cabinet is impossible, as images will be completely black.

Pantherines will rub their cheeks against the corners of SCP-1381, often vocalizing contentment, and display territorial behavior if interfered with. After rubbing has continued for at least five minutes, the right door will swing open and the animal will enter. Despite subjects' size often being greater than that of the opening, no subject has been observed to be unable to enter the cabinet, only to have difficulty in doing so. Imaging again proves ineffective for ten to twenty hours after a subject enters the object.

Current testing indicates that it is not possible to prevent the door from either opening or closing with conventional methods.

Addendum: A period of time between 10 and 20 hours after a big cat enters SCP-1381, both doors will open and instances of SCP-1381-01 and SCP-1381-02 will emerge.

SCP-1381-01 are feline-like beings possessing an outer surface that does not reflect light, luminescent eyes and elongated claws. SCP-1381-01 has been observed moving with greater agility than a standard feline, no doubt in part due to double-jointed limbs.

SCP-1381-02 are [REDACTED], luminescent eyes and elongated claws similar to SCP-1381-01, but lacking the dark pigmentation. SCP-1381-02 are significantly larger than [REDACTED], and display increased speed, strength, endurance and [REDACTED]. SCP-1381-02 are capable of directing SCP-1381-01 via [REDACTED].

Testing has yet to determine the precise circumstances, rates, or time frame for this emergence. See test logs and Incident Log 1381-01 for further information.

Researcher's Note: We put ten cats in and got over a hundred back out. Either this thing multiplies them or it was saving them up until it got here. If the latter is the case, we must consider that containment risks another major breach event. Requesting upgrade to Euclid. -Dr. ██████

Request granted. Containment procedures updated. -O5-█

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License