SCP-2184
rating: +82+x

Item #: SCP-2184

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Provisional Site-146 is constructed around the habitat of SCP-2184 for the sole purpose of its containment. Site-146 is surrounded by a 3 m tall steel fence equipped with security cameras to prevent unauthorized entry. The Site is disguised as a weapon test site used by the Russian Army. The only road leading to it is in the private use of a Foundation front organization. 3 Observation Posts are built around the border of Site-146.

The staff of Site-146 must be supplied with clothing and weaponry created using materials and technology available in 4000 BC. If SCP-2184 attempts to breach containment by leaving Site-146, it must be forced back with these tools.

The airspace above Site-146 is closed for non-Foundation aircrafts. Foundation aircrafts must maintain an altitude of at least 6 km above the Site. Personnel requiring the assistance of any artificial device (e.g. glasses, prostheses or a pacemaker) must not enter Site-146.

Description: SCP-2184 is a steppe mammoth (Mammuthus trogontherii). Its height is approximately 12 m, making it three times taller than the largest known non-anomalous steppe mammoth specimen. SCP-2184 shows no sign of metabolism, growth or aging.

SCP-2184 affects all objects created with post-Stone Age technology. Such objects malfunction in the proximity of SCP-2184, and modern materials crumble away. Latest technologies are affected from the longest range. The only items capable of functioning in the close proximity of SCP-2184 are the ones that were made from natural materials using Stone Age technology. Table-2184-A lists the results of the experiments conducted to understand the effect of SCP-2184. Note that the distances in the table are approximate since precise measurement is problematic in the vicinity of SCP-2184.

SCP-2184 was discovered by Agent ████████ in ████ when he conducted a routine investigation to determine whether the mythology of the Siberian ████████-██████ tribe was based on the observation of anomalous objects or phenomena. Agent ████████ was given directions to the location where SCP-2184 was last seen, but the members of the tribe refused to accompany him. Agent ████████ confirmed the existence and anomalous nature of SCP-2184. When he approached the object, he lost all of his equipment including his own clothing, leaving him only with the leather cloak given to him by the tribesmen.

Mobile Task Force Theta-2 ("Cavemen") was created to track the movements of the object. In the first 5 years of its observation, SCP-2184 stayed in a 25 km x 30 km territory. Provisional Site-146 was built around this territory, in uninhabited taiga. The fence around the site is at least 10 km away from the nearest point where SCP-2184 was sighted. MTF Theta-2 was disbanded after the construction of Site-146 ended. During the Soviet era, access to Site-146 was granted to the Foundation under a secret pact made with high-ranking officers of the GRU Division "P".

Incident Report on Containment Breach-2184-1:

On ██/██/████ SCP-2184 left Site-146 due to unknown reasons. Field Agents attempted to stop its advance by starting a forest fire in front of it, planning on forcing it to turn back. However, the fire stopped when SCP-2184 approached it, allowing SCP-2184 to continue its movement. Later investigations concluded that the fire died out in SCP-2184's proximity because it was lit with modern technology: a match.

Following this, Field Agents ambushed SCP-2184. They wore clothing and were equipped with spears manufactured with primitive technology. SCP-2184 suffered only minor injuries and continued moving.

SCP-2184's path passed through the village of █████████ (population: ████), located 55 km to the south of Site-146. The Foundation managed to evacuate 95% of the inhabitants before SCP-2184 arrived. All buildings and utilities were destroyed in the village during the incident. Amnestics were administered to the survivors, and a cover story about an earthquake was issued.

13 hours after it left the village, SCP-2184 unexpectedly stopped, stood still for 5 minutes then returned to Site-146 following its original path. The portion of Site-146's fence that was destroyed during the incident was replaced during the next week.

Addendum-2184-1: Following Containment Breach-2184-1, weaponry and clothing for 100 personnel was prepared using primitive technology to ensure resistance to SCP-2184's effect. The items are stored at the Observation Posts built around Site-146. The termination of SCP-2184 with these tools is permitted in case it poses a major threat to the civilian population during a possible future containment breach.

Addendum-2184-2: On ██/██/████ an attempt was made to permanently restrict SCP-2184's movement without causing major injuries to it in order to prevent future containment breaches and to permit easier experimentation with it. Using explosives, a 10 m deep pit was prepared inside Site-146, designed to allow for the safe capture of SCP-2184. Agents equipped with spears and torches (lit using flint and iron pyrite) drove SCP-2184 to the pit. When SCP-2184 reached the pit, the pit malfunctioned and allowed SCP-2184 walk through it without falling. During this incident SCP-2184 appeared to continue its movement above the hole by walking in the air.

The same result is expected even if we avoid explosives and use only shovels. Since digging a pit of such size is practically impossible without proper tools (especially in such terrain), no further attempts are to be made using this method.
-Site Director Ivanov

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License