SCP-2428
rating: +320+x

Item #: SCP-2428

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Outside of testing, SCP-2428 is to remain in a secure locker within Hall ██ of Site-██. At the conclusion of any testing, the affected subject is to ingest SCP-2428-2.

Description: SCP-2428 is a document created by the Group of Interest "Doctor Wondertainment," serving as a proof of purchase for the "Mr. Mad" product of the "Little Misters" series. Directly viewing SCP-2428 when no other person is under its effects will cause the viewer to perceive a hallucination of a male humanoid, designated SCP-2428-1.

SCP-2428-1 appears to be a male humanoid of Slavic descent, measured at 167 centimeters and an estimated 55 kilograms. SCP-2428-1 wears a multicolored straitjacket, the sleeves of which have been torn off at the elbows, and grey slacks. The words "Mr. Mad, from Little Misters ® by Dr. Wondertainment" are tattooed upon SCP-2428-1's left forearm.

SCP-2428-1 is sapient, and retains information across affected subjects, though it has no perception of time between manifestations. It is also capable of perceiving and interacting with other hallucinations the subject experiences, regardless of whether they are anomalous. Interviews have confirmed that it can be perceived by other anomalies associated with the "Little Misters" series, should its host be within their vicinity.

Amnestics have proven ineffective at removing the anomalous effects of SCP-2428. However, SCP-2428-1 is able to give the subject a hallucinatory pill of varying appearance (designated SCP-2428-2), which terminates all SCP-2428 effects approximately five minutes after ingestion.

Addendum: Testing logs

Purpose

Initial interaction by D-49851 after the discovery of a box marked with Wondertainment branding within the entrance of Site-██, which was found to contain SCP-2428 upon D-49851 opening it.

Subject

D-49851

Results

SCP-2428-1 is reported as amiable and eager to converse. It claims to have spent approximately three years without human interaction based on the date. At the conclusion of the test, SCP-2428-1 is reported to have produced SCP-2428-2 from the left pocket of its slacks, and offered it to D-49851. D-49851 ingests it and returns SCP-2428 to its box. SCP-2428 was subsequently cataloged and cleared for further testing.


Purpose

Detailed interview

Subject

Dr. Andrea Segerstrom

Results

Notes

Further testing involving subjects suffering from hallucinations and cross-tests with hallucinogenic anomalous objects currently under consideration.


Purpose

Possible interaction with non-anomalous hallucinations

Subject

D-96485, who experiences auditory hallucinations

Results

Written statement from D-96485: Whenever I'd be near a running AC I hear someone whispering vague threats to me. So I was put in this room with a vent and given this skip. I talked to Mister Mad a little, he asked about the voice. So I explained it to him and he stared at the vent for a bit.

Eventually he told me to ask for a ladder and screwdriver. So I did, and █████ brought them in. I tried handing Mad the screwdriver but he wouldn't take it. He climbed up the ladder and squinted into the vent but that was it, he came back down and told me not to be scared. So I went up and unscrewed the vent, all while it hissed threats at me. And when the cover popped off I saw this THING and I freaked out, almost fell down the ladder, and got down as fast as I could.

Mad pats me on the shoulder and goes up, looks kinda surprised, but yanks out this little monster. Little vent goblin keeps going on and on, and Mad just slowly climbs down the ladder with one hand and walks over to the corner of the room. I don't know what he said but it sure shut the goblin up for a minute. Mad talked some more and the goblin nodded, Mad said something else that looked threatening, and then he carried the thing back up to the vent and told me to screw the cover back on.

Now the thing keeps telling me what a good job I've been doing, try to look on the bright side. Wonder how long that'll keep up.

Notes

The alteration to D-96485's hallucination has remained three weeks after testing, though she has not seen the creature outside of SCP-2428 testing. Her morale has improved significantly, and she has made several requests for other D-Class suffering from similar hallucinations to be transferred to SCP-2428 testing.


Purpose

Determine what occurs when affected subject dies

Subject

D-24282, D-24283

Results

D-24282 is given SCP-2428 while D-24283 is supplied with a firearm. D-24282 moves in an erratic way when D-24283 raises the weapon, causing him to miss the first shot. D-24282 appears to struggle against SCP-2428-1 for several seconds before D-24283 is able to terminate her. D-24283 then views SCP-2428, and after a brief pause raises arms in a defensive position and claims SCP-2428-1 is assaulting him. After a struggle D-24283 appears to grasp something and place it in his mouth. No further aggression occurs in the five minutes before the effects of the anomaly end.

Notes

SCP-2428-1 acted uncommunicative in several following tests, attempting to force SCP-2428-2 into the affected subject's mouth in two instances.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License