SCP-2757
rating: +64+x

Item #: SCP-2757

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2757 is to be stored in Storage Locker 15 at Site-██ when not in use. SCP-2757-1 instances are to be stored in Filing Cabinet ██. Access to SCP-2757 and SCP-2757-1 requires Level-2 clearance. Watchlist databases have been updated with SCP-2757 information, so any shipments of SCP-2757 and SCP-2757-1 can be intercepted and secured.

Description: SCP-2757 resembles a vintage movie projector, and is composed primarily of metal. Its casing is painted purple, with the words "LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!" painted along the bottom in white. On one side is a hand crank, which is linked to a detent that only releases the escapement when the crank has been wound 10 times. The detent often comes loose, and should be replaced regularly.

SCP-2757-1 refers to the film reels associated with the object's primary anomalous effect. Currently there are 7 different instances of SCP-2757-1 in storage. When an instance of SCP-2757-1 is placed in SCP-2757, and the hand crank turned 10 times, the room is apparently "transformed" to a unique landscape based on the instance being used. The room can still be seen and heard by researchers viewing it, though unable to be entered. If SCP-2757-1 is used with a non-anomalous movie projector, only a blank screen is shown. The same happens if SCP-2757 is used to play a non-anomalous film.

The locations SCP-2757 produces all appear to be animated landscapes, rendered in a style similar to that of the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes film shorts. Any entity that was in the room prior to SCP-2757's activation will be rendered in that style. Animals oftentimes will gain sapience and full speech capabilities. Injuries sustained during SCP-2757's active effect, even normally severe ones, are easily recovered from (e.g. dismemberment is solved by reattaching the lost limb). It has been observed that during SCP-2757's active effect, there are frequent musical numbers. Even if none of the subjects affected have had any training in music or choreography, they will sing perfectly in tune, with expert choreography, and know the lyrics without any prior practice.

An instruction booklet was recovered along with the objects. See Document 2757-a.

Document 2757-a Excerpt:

Hey Kids! Stuck inside on a rainy day? Life getting too boring and ordinary? Then wind up "Dr. Wondertainment's Projector Fantastico™"! Put in a Wonder-Reel™, and with a little Cinemagic™, you'll be in for an adventure the whole family can take part in! Solve mysteries, explore lost jungles, slay dragons, and more, all from your living room!
Stay on the lookout for future Wonder-Reel™ Adventures: The Treasure of Atlantis, Ghost Train of the Old West, Space Rodeo of Orion, and more!
Caution: Do not use "Dr. Wondertainment's Projector Fantastico™" in open areas. Do not dawdle while your Wonder-Reel™ is playing. Make sure that the safety pin is working before using your product.

SCP-2757 was recovered when the ████████ family was reported missing in ██████████, ██████ for over a week. SCP-2757 was found in the living room of the ████████ home and was bought back to Site-██. During initial testing the ████████ family manifested, apparently in great hysterics. When interrogated, they stated that they had been trapped in the world of SCP-2757-1, unable to move or speak. The detent had fallen out without their noticing, and they failed to count how many times they had wound SCP-2757. Class-B amnestics were administered to the ████████ family and they were released, with the cover story that they had taken an unannounced family vacation.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License