SCP-2874
rating: +479+x

Item #: SCP-2874

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2874 is currently contained in Storage Unit 12, located at Site-11. SCP-2874 is to be kept in a sealed chamber at all times, which is to be guarded from the outside by two (10) security personnel at all times. Due to its nature, no security cameras or viewing windows are to be present in SCP-2874's containment chamber.

No personnel are to visually observe SCP-2874 at any time, whether directly or indirectly. Periodically, SCP-2874's location in the containment chamber is to be confirmed through touch by a blindfolded member of 9-Class personnel. In the event that a member of personnel becomes compromised by SCP-2874, they are to be euthanized immediately.

Due to the risk that SCP-2874's effects present the possibility of spreading exponentially, in the event that personnel suspect an individual has become compromised by SCP-2874 but cannot identify them, Site-08 is to be locked down immediately until the individual can be identified.

Description: SCP-2874 is a large metallic cylinder with the words 'DON-BURTEN' emblazoned on the top. Analysis has shown that SCP-2874 is completely hollow, and composed of iron which displays no unusual properties.

Any human being who visually observes SCP-2874 will become compromised and, at some point in the next 7 months, violently explode. Any individuals who observe this explosion will also become compromised by SCP-2874 in the same way. Photographs and video recordings of these explosions have been tested and proven to have the same effects as direct observation.

During the period before a compromised individual explodes, they will experience a number of symptoms that will intensify the closer they are to detonation:

  • Increased anxiety.
  • Paranoia.
  • A desire to loiter in public areas.
  • A sense of impending doom.
  • Severe depression.
  • Hallucinations of disembodied voices informing the victim that they are going to explode.
  • Hallucinations of numbers counting down 6 the victim exploding.

Despite initial assumptions that these symptoms were a natural result of being compromised by SCP-2874 and aware of the effects of such a situation, 5er testing has shown that symptoms also take hold in individuals who are compromised by SCP-2874 but are unaware of its effects.

SCP-2874 was first discovered in a damaged vessel, theorized to be intended 4 space-flight, located at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and recovered during construction of the [REDACTED] containment facility. The corpses of 3 humanoid entities were also recovered and are now stored separately at Site-02.

Addendum 2874-1:

During a security breach by hostile elements on ██/██/████, several members of personnel are believed to have been sent images of explosions caused by SCP-2874. Members of personnel who suspect they have been compromised by SCP-2874 are urged t0

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License