SCP-2971
rating: +156+x

In accordance with Protocol Myra, this message is here to reaffirm to you that SCP-2971-A DID NOT EXIST. Jerry Lee Lewis did not leave his home on December 28th, 2012, and the Vic Stanley Country Club does not exist.

There will be messages throughout this article to dispute the existence of SCP-2971-A. Read these messages in their entirety, and consider their points until you believe them to be the truth. If you find yourself unable to accept that SCP-2971-A never occured, close this file immediately, remove yourself from your workstation, and report to your supervisor for amnestic treatment.

Item #: SCP-2971

Object Class: Euclid

download%20%282%29.jpg

Jerry Lee Lewis, photographed in 2009.

Special Containment Procedures: Persons suspected to be carriers of SCP-2971 are to be monitored through their social media accounts, bank account statements, and whereabouts. Information spread by these persons regarding SCP-2971-A is to be censored, and the subject in question detained.

Internet search engines are to be monitored for search levels of the phrases (or variations of these phrases) 'Think about it', 'Rock and Roll Sacrifice', 'Cliff Bogg', 'Vic Stanley Country Club', and 'December 28th, 2012'. If SCP-2971-related keywords are repeatedly searched from a single I.P. address, the location of the I.P. is to be tracked and agents are to take all persons at the location into custody for questioning and administration of Protocol Myra.

Protocol Myra is to be enacted on subjects confirmed to be under the influence of SCP-2971. Protocol Myra consists of firm refutal that SCP-2971-A existed, followed by rationalizating to the subject why it didn't exist. This has proven to be enough to cure SCP-2971 in 100% of cases.

Jerry Lee Lewis' home address and all properties owned by him are to be wire-tapped, and Lewis himself is to be monitored for any SCP-2971-related phenomena. Personnel assigned to monitoring Lewis are to log any notable findings and notify their immediate superiors of them should they occur.

Description: SCP-2971 is a memetic localized reality-restructuring event that causes the subject to believe they attended a live Jerry Lee Lewis concert held at the Vic Stanley Country Club in Ferriday, Louisiana on December 28th, 2012 (Dubbed SCP-2971-A). SCP-2971-A never actually occured, and no business named 'Vic Stanley Country Club' exists. SCP-2971 is passed to an uninfected subject through reading or discussing the topic of SCP-2971-A or its contents with an infected person. SCP-2971 can also be transmitted via text regarding SCP-2971-A, hence the requirement for Protocol Myra. The topic of SCP-2971 without mention of SCP-2971-A as an event is not sufficient to spread infection.

SCP-2971-A never occured. Jerry Lee Lewis was at home resting on December 28th, 2012. He did not perform that day.

Infection of a subject by SCP-2971 has two primary effects:

Effect A: The subject will suddenly gain a thorough recollection of SCP-2971-A's setlist, comments made by Jerry Lee Lewis during SCP-2971-A, and other details such as their journey to the Vic Stanley Country Club. Subjects affected by SCP-2971 will excitedly attempt to tell others about the event (thereby spreading SCP-2971), and show an abnormally increased interest in Lewis' songs and history, bordering on obsession. Upon curing a subject of SCP-2971, all of these memories will disappear, and any anomalous interest in Lewis will cease.

Effect B: SCP-2971 implements a localized reality-restructuring effect. Persons afflicted by it will have historically attended SCP-2971-A, despite the event having not occured at all for non-infected persons. In their possession are often memorabillia from SCP-2971-A. Some examples include autographs, non-anomalous CD-ROMs1, T-shirts and amateur recordings of the event. Upon curing a subject of SCP-2971, all of the subject's items acquired this way will disappear.

One notable symptom of SCP-2971 infection is an abnormally frequent use of the phrase 'Think about it'2. The phrase itself is not anomalous, and contributes to the spread of SCP-2971 no more than conversation about SCP-2971-A usually does. In 100% of cases to date, however, frequent use of the phrase has accompanied SCP-2971 infection.

SCP-2971 has no known source; on December 29th, 2012, it is believed to have spontaneously spread to an apparently random selection of 2,446 citizens in the state of Louisiana, with the exception of the largest cluster of subjects within the Ferriday city limits.

SCP-2971-A did not happen. You were at work on December 28th, 2012, so you would not have had the time to attend a concert.

When Foundation agents had discovered SCP-2971, a telephone call to the Lewis household was made in order to ascertain his status. The Foundation was unable to talk to Lewis himself, but spoke to an assistant who said Lewis was fine except for 'a bout of headaches' in the days following December 28th, 2012.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License