SCP-3346
rating: +42+x
800px-A_Hard_Hat.JPG

SCP-3346

Item #: SCP-3346

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3346 requires no unusual containment procedures beyond a standard containment locker in Site-19. Testing is to be approved by SCP-3346's primary researcher.

Description: SCP-3346 is a plastic child-size hard hat. The hat is a toy manufactured by the █████ Company in 1986 and is not suitable to be used as protective equipment. SCP-3346 shows signs of wear consistent with gentle use. There is a piece of yellow construction paper taped to the inside dome of SCP-3346 (see addendum 1).

When an individual puts SCP-3346 on their head, they experience a non-sight-based sensation. These sensations are related to significant anxieties the subject wearing SCP-3346 experienced as a child between the ages of 4-6. Frequently these are audio or physical sensations; however, no one in the experimentation chamber but the subject is able to experience the sensation. After removal of SCP-3346, most subjects report feeling much better about the incident and able to handle further exposure to the anxiety-inducing event.

Experimentation Log: Approval for testing using individuals under the age of 18 is pending. All testing until such a measure is approved is to be done by adults. Testing is to be conducted by instructing the subject to wear SCP-3346 for 60 seconds, then remove and offer commentary on their experience.

Test Subject: D-84269
Testing: D-84269 puts on SCP-3346. Subject looks confused, then at 34 seconds begins laughing. Subject removes SCP-3346 at 60 seconds.
Commentary: "Macaroni salad! I tasted macaroni salad! God, I hated macaroni salad when I was a kid, it scared me to death! I thought it was little worms!"
Long-term Results: D-84269 was provided with a bowl of macaroni salad and immediately began to eat it. Following consumption, D-84269 commented, "I haven't thought about the worms thing in years. Isn't that funny? It was so serious back then."

Test Subject: Dr. Theodora Wu
Testing: Dr. Wu wears SCP-3346 for 60 seconds, then removes.
Commentary: "I could smell flowers. My sister died when I was four, she was eight." (Pause) "They covered her coffin in flowers. I had a panic attack at the funeral. I still can't stand dahlias, they were her favorite."
Long-term Results: Dr. Wu self-reported increased visits to R████████ Cemetary where her sister is buried. Most recent report indicated Dr. Wu brought dahlias with her, as "They were her favorite."

Test Subject: Dr. Charles L. (request to remain anonymous)
Testing: Dr. L. was chosen as his psychological profile indicated being raised in an abusive household. He is instructed to wear SCP-3346 for the full 60 seconds. Dr. L. wears SCP-3346 for 60 seconds, displaying extreme discomfort throughout, then removes and throws across the room.
Commentary: Dr. L. was initially unable to respond to researcher queries, but after calming down claimed he "felt him hit me again." Dr. L. was overcome again and unable to elaborate.
Long-term Results: Dr. L. was issued weekly Foundation-sponsored therapy and has been able to face some of the difficulties he endured as a child. When asked, Dr. L. commented, "It's hard. It's going to take time. But I'm glad I'm facing it."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License