SCP-3649
rating: +137+x
cloudcover

Earliest archived photograph of SCP-3649.

Item #: SCP-3649

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Project SKYSCRAPER-31 is to develop methods for the penetration of SCP-3649. Project SKYSCRAPER-32 is to determine the feasibility of alternative means of terrestrial evacuation. Project SKYSCRAPER-33 is to devise a broad range of social preservation and containment contingency plans for the failure of all other SKYSCRAPER projects.

19 iterations of SCP-3649 Special Containment Procedures have been archived and hidden.

Description: SCP-3649 is an altostratus undulatus cloud formation that maintains a static position relative to the Earth's surface. All electromagnetic waves and physical matter that pass through SCP-3649 are disrupted to varying extents, ranging from degradation of radio signals to complete collapse of molecular structures. Collisions between SCP-3649 and mundane clouds result in the former subsuming the mass of the latter.1 Certain types of clouds motivate notably larger growth than others following this integration process (cumulonimbus variants in particular). No precipitation has been recorded originating from within SCP-3649.

[L-2 CLEARANCE REQUIRED]

Addendum 3649-A (Current Sample Status):

[L-2 CLEARANCE REQUIRED]

Addendum 3649-B (Anomaly Crosstesting Results):

[L-4 CLEARANCE REQUIRED]

Addendum 3649-C (Documentation Associated with SCP-3649):

Preliminary Anomaly Evaluation (821-NA)

HINDSIGHT Analysis: Disappearance of Flight UA1788

Site-82 Quarterly Operations Report (April 2091)

Site-82 Audit Request (Approved)

MTF Beta-99 Nonstandard Amnestic Dissemination Request

MTF Beta-99 Expedition Report (Hazard, Nebraska)

Preliminary Mass Relocation Proposal (Hazard, Nebraska)

SCP-3649 Finalized Classification and Database Entry Notice

Transcript: Declassified North American Regional Director Brief (May 25, 2091)

Application for the Distribution of Memetic Agents (KHGI Nebraska TV / KGOR 99.0 FM)

Authorization to Brief Heads of State (146-NA)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: expansion and altitude decrease)

Record of Weapon System Transfer for Testing Purposes (Site-04 to Site-82)

FORESIGHT Analysis: Predicted Food Shortages Related to Ongoing Anomalous Activity

Transcript: Declassified Americas Regional Directors Brief (May 31, 2091)

Updated Guidelines for Detaining Civilians in an Area of Anomalous Activity (June 12, 2091)

Application for the Distribution of Memetic Agents (Local radio, television, mobile shouter systems)

Authorization to Brief Heads of State (148-NA/CA/SA)

Transcript: Communication with Known Group of Interest Representative (3032-GOC)

Record of Anomaly Transfer for Crosstesting Purposes (Site-07 to Site-82)

Authorization to Brief Heads of State (150-NA/CA/SA/EU/AF)

Emergency Technology Acquisition Directive (Alternative means of satellite uplink/downlink)

FORESIGHT Analysis: Predicted Geopolitical Conflict Related to Ongoing Anomalous Activity

Application for the Distribution of Memetic Agents (All available systems)

Record of Weapon System Transfer for Testing Purposes (Site-04, Site-09, Site-75 to Site-82)

Record of Anomaly Transfer for Crosstesting Purposes (Site-02, Site-33, Site-59 to Site-82)

Authorization to Brief Heads of State (152-ALL)

Transcript: Communication with Known Group of Interest Representative (3036-GOC)

Transcript: Communication with Known Group of Interest Representative (3037-HI)

Transcript: Communication with Known Group of Interest Representative (3038-SH)

Authorization to Brief Heads of State (153-ALL)

O5 Memo: Immediate Cessation of Communication With All External Organizations (June 25, 2091)

Record of Final Transmission to Satellite Systems (June 26, 2091)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: global enclosure)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: altitude decrease)

Assorted Personnel and Equipment Transfer Records (7751 entries)

O5 Memo: Regarding Emergency Alterations to Foundation Unified Law (July 7, 2091)

Updated Guidelines for Conscripting Individuals in an Area of Ongoing Anomalous Activity (July 9, 2091)

MTF Beta-99 Expedition Report (Surface, Earth)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: altitude decrease)

MTF Beta-99 Expedition Report (Surface, Earth)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: altitude decrease)

MTF Beta-99 Expedition Report (Surface, Earth)

SCP-3649 Documentation Update (See edits: significant altitude decrease)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License