SCP-3763
rating: +37+x
IMG_1712NOPLATESMALL.jpg

SCP-3763 during initial recovery

Item #: SCP-3763

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-3763 is to be stored in the Anomalous Vehicle Containment Center at Site-48. All maintenance of SCP-3763 must be completed with the knowledge and consent of SCP-3763-1.

SCP-3763-1 is to be contained in a standard humanoid containment cell at Site-48. As SCP-3763-1 believes it is in the custody of Marshall, Carter and Dark LLP, all personnel working with SCP-3763-1 are to maintain this deception by any means necessary. SCP-3763-1 is allowed access to approved entertainment material in exchange for its cooperation during testing of SCP-3763.

Description: SCP-3763 is a 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne sedan. The vehicle is installed with a "Thalbrum Vehicle Security System", believed to be the source of its anomalous effects. Otherwise, SCP-3763 will operate in a non-anomalous manner.

SCP-3763-1 is a young European-American adult male by the name of Daniel Thalbrum. SCP-3763-1 is legally recognized as the owner of SCP-3763, and therefore possesses complete control of its properties. SCP-3763-1 has stated that the "vehicle security system" SCP-3763 is installed with is the invention of Howard Thalbrum, SCP-3763-1's deceased father.

SCP-3763 presents a memetic effect on any individuals attempting to interact with the vehicle without the permission of SCP-3763-1. Said individuals will experience an anomalous unwillingness to make contact with SCP-3763 when within a radius of three meters. When asked why, affected individuals will cite the "security system" as the reason for their refusal. SCP-3763-1 is immune to these effects, and is able to cancel the memetic effect on others by giving verbal or written consent for affected individuals to interact with SCP-3763.

In the event that a substance is ejected towards SCP-3763, an invisible barrier will materialize, covering the outermost surfaces of SCP-3763, and suspended around it by approximately 3 centimeters. This barrier will deflect all materials and objects thrown at SCP-3763. Said materials will be able to make contact with SCP-3763 with the consent of SCP-3763-1.


Discovery: The existence of SCP-3763 was uncovered on 7/22/2010 by intercepting communications between employees of Marshall, Carter and Dark LLP regarding a "Thalbrum Vehicle Security System." A prototype would be transferred to MC&D representatives at St. Everetts Memorial Hospital in Laurel Creek, California on 7/24/2010. SCP-3763-1 would accompany the vehicle on behalf of the late inventor.

The Foundation was able to intercept this delivery by posing as MC&D representatives, and deceiving SCP-3763-1 into turning over SCP-3763 to the Foundation. Due to SCP-3763-1 giving permission to interact with SCP-3763 as needed, delivery to Site-48 was successful.


Interview Log: The following interview was completed shortly after the arrival of SCP-3763-1 into Foundation custody.


Test Logs: The following is an incomplete list of experiments regarding SCP-3763.


Addendum: Following the initial containment of SCP-3763, a raid was conducted on the former Thalbrum family apartment in an effort to retrieve information regarding SCP-3763. While no such information was found, two letters were discovered, having been sent between SCP-3763-1 and Howard Thalbrum, who was staying at the St. Everetts Memorial Hospital when the letters were written. Both letters have been transcribed below.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License