SCP-3869
rating: +109+x

Item #: SCP-3869

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Mirrors of the websites YouTube and Bandcamp are to be hosted on an isolated server farm located on Site-15. Foundation agents implanted in internet service providers around North America are to monitor web activity from the 203.0.██.███ family of IP addresses. When the public instances of the aforementioned sites are requested by these addresses, they are to be redirected to the foundation-hosted mirrors.

Description: SCP-3869 is an anomalous YouTube channel by the username "Mr. High Quality." The videos on the channel feature still images of video game logos, as well as music playing in the background (hereafter SCP-3869-1) which functions as a low-grade cognitohazard. Instances of SCP-3869-1 often vary greatly from the music that the upload titles and descriptions claim them to be, and are at times wholly unrelated to the original piece.

SCP-3869's anomalous properties manifest when an instance of SCP-3869-1 is opened and allowed to play, at the minimum, to the point where the instance diverges from the original track. If an affected subject engages with the video game from which the SCP-3869-1 instance is claimed to originate, the audio from SCP-3869-1 will replace the original track within the game through anomalous means. At this point, secondary anomalies will manifest, often relevant in nature to the edits featured in the anomalous video. Though the primary anomaly can be observed regardless of prior exposure to SCP-3869-1, the replaced music in the context of the game does not act as its own instance of SCP-3869-1.

Addendum 3869-1: On 05/22/17, the "channel description" area of SCP-3869's profile, which was previously blank, updated to contain the following text.

Holy hell! You've just found yourself your very own Mr. High Quality by The Gamers Against Weed! Please read the channel description. Who is Dr. Wondertainment?

Find them all and become Mr. Gamer!

01. Mr. Literal Serial Killer
02. Mr. Normie
03. Mr. Bernie Sanders
04. Mr. Get Anything For Free In Any Shop
05. Mr. High Quality ✔
20. Mr. Sex Number
21. Mr. Heavenly Virtues
22. Mr. Deadly Sins
23. Mr. Original Character
24. Mr. D.A.R.E.
25. Mrs. Gentrification
26. Ms. Mad About Video Games
27. Mr. Meme
28. Mr. Ominous (discontinued)
29. Mr. Destiny
30. Mr. Monty Python And The Holy Grail
31. Ms. Zapatista
32. Mr. Hax
33. Mr. Just Has The Tattoo
34. Mr. Top Text and Mr. Bottom Text
35. Mr. Finale

Addendum 3869-2: Unless otherwise indicated, testing was carried out featuring an unmodified version of the game in question, on an unmodified version of the relevant platform. For each test, one D-class was exposed to SCP-3869-1 before testing, and one was used as a control group.

Addendum 3869-3: On 5/30/2017, the Foundation took notice of a video on SCP-3869 determined not to be cognitohazardous in nature. Instead, it directed the viewer to a page on Bandcamp, which featured an album of self-proclaimed "Greatest Hits" from the channel available for free download. The Foundation secured the album in .zip form before taking the page down. Containment protocols updated to include a locally-hosted mirror of Bandcamp in addition to the existing YouTube facsimile.

The tracks on the album also function as effective instances of SCP-3869-1, with the difference that the tracks, rather than being attributed to the source game's composer, are attributed to various miscellaneous usernames, likely the users who contributed the song edits; this would mean that SCP-3869 is not the work of an individual, but rather a collaborative project. Further analysis indicates that the authors credited on the album do not match any known users found in any Gamers Against Weed chat logs in the Foundation's possession.

Along with the listed tracks on the album, an additional password-protected archive labeled "heyjude.zip" (detailed in Document SCP-3869-A) was included inside the album's own archive.

Addendum 3869-4: The following is an excerpt from existing chat logs stored on the Foundation database, found to pertain to SCP-3869, from a private chat room hosted by GoI-#5869 "Gamers Against Weed."

Document 3869-A: A brute force attack was utilized to access the contents of "heyjude.zip." Inside the archive was a short text file, presented here in its entirety.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License