SCP-4522
rating: +95+x


Note: This document was originally compiled by the Chinese Foundation Branch. As such, many Chinese characters and phrases will be found throughout as to keep the document as accurate as possible. Loose definitions will be supplied when deemed necessary.

Item#: 4522
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

SCP%E2%80%914522%E2%80%91MQ.jpg

Early 19th century gouache painting by a foreign Japanese visitor thought to be of SCP‑4522‑MQ.


Special Containment Procedures: A perimeter of two kilometers is maintained atop the mountains surrounding SCP‑4522‑BT. A base camp with a minimum of two researchers1 are stationed within the perimeter. The Chinese Branch Researcher is tasked with maintaining continued communication between the Foundation and the inhabitants of SCP‑4522‑BT.

Special access to SCP‑4522‑BT is permitted to personnel meeting the following conditions:

  1. The personnel is deemed unnecessary to the continued containment of SCP‑4522.
  2. The personnel is not aware of the anomalous properties of SCP‑4522‑PH.
  3. The personnel has not read this document.



Description: SCP‑4522 consists of the following:

SCP‑4522‑BT2

A village located within the western Chinese Kunlun mountains, near the Tibetan border. Surrounded on all sides by mountains, SCP‑4522‑BT is largely inaccessible. All paths and buildings within SCP‑4522‑BT form sequentially larger rings around the center point, filling all available space within the valley, approximately 2.6 sq. km.

The village is of moderate size, estimated to be populated by 315 individuals as of 11 April 2019, and is indicative of other similar 自然村落3 found in remote, rural areas of China. Despite SCP‑4522‑BT's elevation (measured at 3.6km above sea level,) the location experiences weather indicative of subtropical rain forests.

SCP‑4522‑MQ4

Referring to the individuals inhabiting SCP‑4522‑BT, the villagers appear identical to the stump‑tailed macaque, often found in the subtropical forests of South Asia. Satellite imagery has shown the village to consist entirely of these individuals and directional audio recordings have gleaned minimal data. However, it can be confirmed that the majority of SCP-4522-MQ instances speak using Guānhuà5 and display intelligence similar to that of an adult human.

Only a single individual has been interacted with, one known as the 村長, or "Village Head." The Village Head is consistently the first member of the village encountered by any sentient being that approaches SCP‑4522‑BT. Access to the village may only be granted by the Village Head, and is otherwise inaccessible.6 A record of this interaction can be found in Addendum 4522-A.

If deemed "玉"7 by the Village Head, the individual will be capable of entering. If deemed "玉不琢"8 the individual will be immediately compelled to leave the valley by any means. Following this, the individual will display selective amnesia related to all topics and events pertaining to SCP‑4522.

SCP‑4522‑PH9

peachphoto.png

Only surviving photo of SCP-4522-PH.


A Prunus persica tree10 of increased size centrally located within SCP‑4522‑BT. The fruit produced by SCP‑4522‑PH displays a number of anomalous properties. Consumption of the fruit will result in either the perceived enhancement or suppression of any anomalous properties possessed by an individual. This has also been shown to result in both the possible development and removal of anomalous abilities in certain individuals.

At the time of writing, no tests have been performed directly by the Foundation in regards to these items. All known effects have been recorded from seized IJAMEA reports.

All attempts to plant the pits of the fruit taken from SCP‑4522‑PH have resulted in non‑anomalous Prunus persica trees.

Discovery: The existence of SCP-4522 has been known to the Foundation since the seizing of IJAMEA records by the Foundation branch following the conclusion of the Second Sino-Japanese War in 1945. Artistic depictions and written descriptions of SCP-4522-MQ and SCP-4522-PH are numerous and are known to the general population of the region as mythical figures. However, the quantity and the consistency of these depictions and descriptions led Foundation Researchers to theorize the existence of SCP-4522 prior to 1945.

The first recorded physical discovery of SCP-4522 occurred on 20 June 1941 by an IJAMEA lead operative, Officer Numata Ichiyo. Numata had been tasked with exploring the Kunlun mountains in order to locate SCP-4522. Officer Numata was accompanied by four other subordinates, all of which were present for its discovery.

A record of Numata Ichiyo's interactions was located in seized IJAMEA records and can be found in Addendum 4522-A.

Addendum 4522-A: IJAMEA Discovery

The following is a written description by IJAMEA lead operative Officer Numata Ichiyo of his discovery of SCP-4522. According to following reports, this is the only instance of a IJAMEA agent being allowed access to SCP-4522-BT, despite multiple efforts.

Addendum 4522-B: IJAMEA Testing

The following is a record of the small number of tests performed by IJAMEA using SCP‑4522‑PH. Additional notes were included in the files and are reproduced as well.

Addendum 4522-C: Current Foundation Reports

Rediscovery of SCP-4522 by Foundation individuals took place on April 2, 2019, with contact made the following day. Chinese Foundation Branch researcher Chen Sui and Foundation Researcher Kory Michaels have been assigned to the newly designated Site 37.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License