SCP-5035
rating: +47+x

by J Dune

Item#: 5035
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
danger

@
@

LC-64_164_77-001.jpg

SCP-5035, photographed in stasis inside its containment chamber.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5035 is to be kept in a specially designed containment chamber located 5 km below sub-level 9C at Area-179. The chamber is outfitted with a Chalmez-Forte Matter Stabilizing Stasis Gate.

Following Incident I5035-A, access to SCP-5035 for any purpose is denied to all personnel.
Access to SCP-5035 is limited to members of Project CHARON.

SCP-5035-A and SCP-5035-B instances are to be collected and held in Dangerous Goods Storage Block 17C according to the Biosafety Level 3 standard.

In the event of a containment breach, all museums and institutions falling under Protocol 5035-CB are to be put under Foundation surveillance until SCP-5035 can successfully be contained. MTF Beta-7 ("Maz Hatters") are assigned to the recapture of SCP-5035 due to the risk of hazardous materials potentially manifested by SCP-5035-A and SCP-5035-B.

Description: SCP-5035 is a plaster and cloth statue depicting an African-American male wearing 19th century period accurate clothing. Attempts to remove SCP-5035's clothing have proven futile, as the anomaly is capable of quickly generating a new set using its own internal materials to enact SCP-5035-B.

SCP-5035 spontaneously appears in museum diorama scenes relating to the American Civil War. This begins a process observed to take from one hour to seven months in completion- termed an "Infestation Event"- that results in the creation of SCP-5035-A and SCP-5035-B. Those observing the diorama prior to the completion of an Infestation Event do not notice the presence of SCP-5035 unless explicitly told to.

SCP-5035 will change the physical properties and appearances of objects making up the diorama to that of their real life counterparts. These transformed objects are referred to as SCP-5035-A. SCP-5035 also has the ability to modify existing objects in mass and position- taking on the appearance of entirely new objects. Modified objects are referred to as SCP-5035-B. For examples of these instances, refer to “Infestation Events Log” below.

Following a transformation, SCP-5035 will cause the object to rapidly decompose. An Infestation Event is considered complete when SCP-5035 stops creating instances of SCP-5035-A and SCP-5035-B. Upon completion, SCP-5035 will remain in the diorama until its effects are observed by a certain number of persons. The criteria- if any- for how SCP-5035 decides this is unknown, but can be inferred that it is based on the size and scale of the Infestation Event.

SCP-5035 transforms and manipulates a diorama as an apparent form of communication, and the object appears to identify itself with an African American freedman. The end result is that of a calculated work intended to be interpreted by the observer. Upon the completion of an Infestation Event, SCP-5035 will manifest itself at a new location to repeat the process. Despite appearing only in the United States, studies show no discernible travel pattern.

@

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ADDENDUM IS LEVEL #4/5035 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 4/5035 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

ID
PASSWORD

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License