SCP-5089

rating: +52+x

2/5089 LEVEL 2/5089

CLASSIFIED

classified-lv2.png

Item #: SCP-5089

Object Class: Keter


Special Containment Procedures


SCP-5089 is contained in a leather box that measures 10 x 15 x 10 centimetres cubed and within a containment area of 30 kilometres in a radius around Site-73. Due to the anomalous properties of SCP-5089, it will appear outside the box on a monthly basis. Foundation personnel are permitted and expected to handle recontainment autonomously, reporting the recontainment to Dr. Woods at the earliest opportunity.


Description


magpie_skull.jpg
SCP-5089 in a forest prior to recontainment.

SCP-5089 refers to a skull resembling that of a Eurasian magpie (Pica pica), though DNA testing shows that it is genetically distinct from any known species of avian.

During the first week of each month, SCP-5089 will teleport outside of its containment. SCP-5089 will return to an area within 30 kilometres of its original location before the end of this week. Testing using GPS tracking has demonstrated that SCP-5089 teleports to multiple locations, many of which are not on Earth. The majority of such locations are, as of the 15th of June, 2019 (last Special Containment Procedures revision for SCP-5089), unknown to the Foundation. There is currently no known means to prevent teleportation. While untested, it can be presumed that SCP-5089 has high durability due to its teleportation to often hazardous environments. Please view Addendum 5089 - 1 and/or <Test Log — Comprehensive Test Log -- Test 5089 - 2> for further details regarding testing.

Upon the return of SCP-5089, paper (referred to as SCP-5089-A instances) will be contained within the beak. SCP-5089-A instances range from damaged paper notes to entire journals upwards of a hundred pages long. SCP-5089-A instances will always have either some form of writing or other artistic medium printed on them.


Addendum 5089 - 1


Addendum 5089 - 2


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License