SCP-5146

rating: +36+x

Item #: SCP-5146

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The continued presence of SCP-5146 within its area of the Pacific Islands Territory is to be verified bimonthly via standard checks of the Foundation's routinely updated mapping satellite footage. No further containment procedures are required.

Description: SCP-5146 is a 1:1 scale map of an unnamed stony island located east of the Federated States of Micronesia, possessing an area of approximately 0.53 km2. Apart from its nature as a map, the object displays no other anomalous properties and is geologically similar to the islands present in the area.

SCP-5146 was brought to the Foundation's attention during a routine database comparison of satellite footage collected during the months of December 2007 and February 2008, when the object was recorded within waters that had been previously designated as unoccupied. Due to the presence of mature vegetation visible on its surface and the lack of seismic or volcanic activity in the area during that time period, the object was issued a provisory designation and an exploratory mission manned by regional Oceanic Task Force Beta-46 ("Shearwaters") was dispatched.

Despite the presence of several presumably manmade structures distributed across its surface area, the object was found to be uninhabited. Additionally, the present members of OTF Beta-46 encountered no wildlife, barring several specimens of migratory birds typical for the area. As such, a list of discovered items is provided in lieu of a standard exploration log transcript. Body camera footage collected during the mission can be accessed upon request through the Site-35 digital archives.

Addendum 5146.1: Inventory of items recovered from SCP-5146:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License