SCP-5403

rating: +218+x

Item #: SCP-5403

Object Class: Euclid Neutralized (see Addendum 5403-4)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5403 has been removed from all civilian databases. Foundation webcrawler ALPHA-03-TYCHO is to monitor web traffic for SCP-5403-relevant keywords.

Archived Containment Procedures (last updated 09/12/1998):
SCP-5403's IP address has been rendered inaccessible via standard internet providers, with any unauthorized access redirecting users to the default front page for its hosting service.

Efforts to disable SCP-5403 entirely are ongoing. STF Chi-11 ("Don't Like Don't Read")1 are to execute weekly DDoS attacks on the address, and continue to monitor its content and report any unusual fluctuations in activity. Communication with SCP-5403 is to be attempted when deemed necessary by Site-15 directors. If content posted on SCP-5403 is an information security risk, compromised researchers below Level 4 clearance are to be administered Class-A amnestics and transferred to another team. Under no circumstances should STF Chi-11 be disbanded.

After review by the Ethics Committee, members of STF Chi-11 are permitted to request voluntary transfer after a minimum of two weeks.

Description: SCP-5403 is a website accessible at the address www.g███████.com/██████/MyFandationWorld. Attempts at tracing the website's IP address have yielded invalid results; evidence2 suggests that an artificial intelligence or some other sapient, non-biological entity is responsible for the site's content.

SCP-5403 has displayed the capacity to access comprehensive audiovisual surveillance of the Foundation through unknown means. The content of the site exclusively relates to observations derived from this surveillance. Despite the scope of SCP-5403's surveillance capabilities, it does not demonstrate awareness of its classification and containment by the Foundation.

SCP-5403 is similar to a weblog in structure, including a "guestbook" where visitors can post public messages. These messages may be responded to by SCP-5403, deleted, or simply displayed without comment.

The posts made on SCP-5403 vary in content. The majority (approximately eighty-five percent) consist of commentary on current events relating to Foundation interests. SCP-5403 has not displayed the capacity to affect Foundation infrastructure directly, but it appears to have a vested interest in breaches of containment. Commentary posted on SCP-5403 is occasionally accompanied by photographic footage; metadata analysis shows that these photos do not originate from Foundation surveillance infrastructure.

The remainder of SCP-5403’s content is highly derivative in nature, generally presented in the format of a narrative. These narratives often depict Foundation personnel engaging in excessively dramatized and unprofessional behavior.

Addendum 5403-1: Since the formation of STF Chi-11 ("Don't Like Don't Read"), SCP-5403 has fixated almost exclusively on its members. Due to the high stress levels reported by STF Chi-11 and other personnel made aware of SCP-5403's nature, the Ethics Committee has permitted staff referenced in its posts to record personal notes regarding their mention in this documentation.


Addendum 5403-2: The following is a log of excerpts from SCP-5403's posts, presented with commentary from the personnel discussed, if applicable.


Addendum 5403-3: Recurring psychological evaluation of any STF Chi-11 members not requesting transfer was ordered after Ethics Committee evaluation.

Addendum 5403-4: On October 26, 2009, G███████, the hosting service for SCP-5403, was shut down permanently by its parent company. Archives of SCP-5403 do not retain its anomalous properties, and no new posts have been made. Public archives of SCP-5403 have been removed under the cover story of copyright infringement. SCP-5403 reclassified as Neutralized.

STF Chi-11 has been disbanded. SCP-5403's research team lead, Dr. Laraskë, has recused herself from continued observation of pages flagged by SCP-5403's former dedicated webcrawler. She has been granted an extended leave of absence.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License