SCP-5623

rating: +197+x

Item #: SCP-5623

Object Class: Pending

Special Containment Procedures: All deep-space observatories are to be monitored by remote sensing and imaging satellites in low Earth orbit.

The production and trade of new deep-space telescopes and satellites has been limited to companies where a sufficient number of undercover Foundation personnel are present in order to successfully implant a Binary_Star.aic file in all related hardware.

All images of SCP-5623 are to be intercepted by the Foundation AI "Binary Star", saved in the Foundation database, and subsequently deleted from public records. Those who witness the anomaly are to be administered Class B amnestics.

Description: SCP-5623 is the first extraterrestrial spacecraft observed by the Foundation and was discovered 54 years before the first manmade spacecraft1 and 57 years before the first manned spacecraft2 existed. SCP-5623 has a frame in the form of an oblate spheroid with an outer chamber on the bottom side which presumably serves as a control room.

Discovery: On 28 August 1903, Foundation Astronomers observed SCP-5623 near the Orion Nebula in the Milky Way Galaxy through a telescope.

SCP-5623 has not been sighted since its discovery by any telescope or spatial equipment. Other cosmic phenomena have led Foundation Astronomers to hypothesize that SCP-5623 was pulled in by the gravity of a red dwarf star and upon impact, ceased to exist alongside the star.

The proposal to change its object class to neutralized is still pending.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License