Apartment 5919
rating: +166+x
apartment5919.jpg

Apartment 5919.

Item #: Apartment 5919

Object Class: N/A

Special Containment Procedures: No special maintenance is required. Cleaning should ideally be performed on a monthly basis. Entry of persons to the apartment is left to the discretion of the designated caretaker, the person in charge of Apartment 5919.

Description: Apartment 5919 is a 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment in the Niederrad district of Frankfurt, Germany. It was constructed in 1984 and is in average condition for its age.

The apartment contains the following items:

bedroom5919.jpg

Interior.

Bedroom

  • Twin bed
  • Bedside table
  • Dresser
  • Lamp
  • Alarm clock
  • Luggage stand

Kitchen

  • Gas stovetop with 2 burners
  • Stainless steel sink
  • Microwave
  • Refrigerator
  • Electric kettle
  • Assorted cutlery, crockery, pots and pans

Bathroom

  • Toilet
  • Ceramic sink
  • Shower
  • Wastepaper basket

Lounge

  • Two-seater sofa
  • Television
  • Television stand
  • Coffee table
  • Floor rug

Apartment 5919 has no remarkable attributes or properties beyond what would be expected of other apartments in the city.

The last resident of Apartment 5919 moved out in 2018. Since January 2020, it has been owned by a private organisation responsible for managing property.

andrej5919.jpg

Andrej Schröder.

Addendum: On 22/01/2020, a body retrieved from the Main River by Hesse State Police was identified as the Slovak-German artist Andrej Schröder, born in Dresden in 1948. Schröder had been under intermittent Foundation surveillance since 1985, after his first appearance in Central European anomalous art circles.

While he enjoyed a distinguished career in sculpture, metalwork and mixed media at his Frankfurt studio, culminating in a 15-year retrospective exhibition ("Schröder: Capital, Cognition, Compulsion") at the Paris AWCY Millénaire? in 2000, he became gradually disillusioned with what he perceived as increasing commodification and consumerism within the art world, ceasing his own work entirely in 2009 and moving to his farm in Vogelsbergkreis to pursue gardening and maintaining his large collection of outsider art.

Several of Schröder's acquaintances re-established contact with him in 2015, when he returned to Frankfurt to work on what he described as a final, ultimate work of "anti-art", which would "defy advertisement and marketing," although he never divulged any specific details. He reported having completed the project by late 2017, but was unable or unwilling to describe what he had created.

Schröder had been seen to be drinking heavily for several days prior to the discovery of his body and his death was ruled an accident, although the Hesse medical examiner noted that suicide could not be definitively excluded. Andrej Schröder has since been designated PoI-5919.

The only item of note found upon his person was a card of Marshall, Carter and Dark design.

You are cordially invited to the viewing of an ordinary Frankfurt apartment.

Price and address on request.

Similar cards were found to have been distributed over the week before by MC&D to a number of wealthy, high-profile clients.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License