Sex, Drugs, Money

rating: +170+x
newspaper1.png

Only a few years into the mess of destructive publicity that took the extralegal SCP Foundation by storm, it's clear that their old motif of secrets and lies isn't holding up to the test of the public eye. Being the resilient international monstrosity that they are, the organization adapted; publicity was used to benefit their image, with campaigns for new hires skyrocketing past those of tech giants and space exploration companies alike in terms of popularity. The Foundation's newer recruits are their new image: Young, intelligent, attractive, and marketable. But if there's one concept our post-breach world has learned the hard way, it's that things are not always as they seem.

And with the newly surfaced story of Officer Reginald Jacobson floating to the top of the Ethics Committee's murky cesspit of questionable employee conduct cases, these truths are hitting the public harder — and more unmistakably — than ever before. In this segment, we'll cover the details of what happened, what got leaked, what's on video, what's in text, and what's still to remain unseen, forever lost in the tight-lipped networks of internal SCP Foundation communications.

In order to fully understand the scope of this case and all its red flags and failures, I believe we as readers will need to break it down into key three elements of the Foundation's new modus operandi. With this in mind, let's crack open the Jacobson case and take a good long look at how it's going to change the Foundation — and the world — in a way that is irreversible even by their standards, and through what means:

With this evidence laid out so clearly in interviews, security recordings, and everything in-between, we are expected to reach a conclusion. Perhaps the conclusion to be reached is that this will blow over and in six months we'll have had the memory of the case amnesticized out of us. Perhaps the conclusion is that this may have finally been the time that made a difference and the leaders of the extralegal organization will finally consider operating under true transparency. Or perhaps — and what I expect is most likely — the result will be more of the same, repeating ad infinitum; something terrible comes to light from within the locked concrete halls of the Sites, the public outrages, and then we go right back to being complacent because we are all too reliant on their protection to truly put up a fight against injustice.

With the jury still out — so to speak — on the eventual outcome of the Jacobson case, and as a closing note for this week's detailed segment, I leave you readers with this: How far are you willing to have your boundaries pushed before you conclude that enough is enough?

newspaper2.png
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License