Skirmish at Crane's Pub
rating: +34+x

The following is a collection of all relevant documentation regarding the conflict between Foundation personnel and agents of Marshall, Carter, and Dark Ltd. over the purchase of SCP-2253.


_

Records and internal correspondence of Marshall, Carter, and Dark Ltd. concerning SCP-2253.

_

Inventory Statement

S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Status Acquirable
Demand High
Value Not for Sale
Availability Unique
Identifier Stephen Crane's Pub and Brewery
Description Item is a relatively small brewery located in Springfield, New Jersey, in the United States. Alcohol produced on the premises will sometimes have a stronger flavour.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

Initial Report

Author Francis Connelly Date ████ ██, ████
Interest High Identifier Stephen Crane's Pub and Brewery
While on holiday after another assignment, a number of locals directed me to the item of interest. Though it is no small artefact, the rather odd name and abnormal flavour and colour of their product warrant further investigation. Possibly a Foundation front.
File Opened Under: S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

Electronic Correspondence

S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Sender Francis Connelly Recipient Gideon Branson
Good afternoon, Mr Branson.

We spoke earlier this week about the purchase of Item S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5. I was wondering if you had completed the draft, yet.

Respectfully yours,
Mr Francis Connelly
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

RE: S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Sender Gideon Branson Recipient Francis Connelly
sorry for any delay, mr Connelly

I am not really a master of words myself so iI gave the job to a mate. she is very good with writing letters!! oh & sh e can b trusted shes in the same business as us. no hard feelings mate, right??? haha

Gideon Branson
Celebrating 20 Years in Sales!
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

RE: S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Sender René Dermott Recipient Francis Connelly
Mr Connelly,

Our mutual associate contacted me. I accept the task and have attached the letter you wanted. No payment over unsecured networks, please.

Sincerely,
René
Attachment: SALE_LETTER.txt
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

_

RE: RE: S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Sender Francis Connelly Recipient René Dermott
Ms Dermott,

Thank you for the file. I will send it immediately.

P.S. I have not heard of you before, but it seems we are both acquaintances of Mr Branson. Perhaps we could have a lunch sometime?

Respectfully yours,
Mr Francis Connelly
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

_

RE: RE: RE: S73V3/N5C6K/83ER5
Sender René Dermott Recipient Francis Connelly
Mrs Dermott.

Thank you for the money.


P.S. I have not heard of you before, but it seems we are both acquaintances of Mr Branson. Perhaps we could have as little contact as possible in the future?


It's never going to happen,
René
Marshall, Carter and Dark, Ltd.

Log of Conversation Between Owners

_


Foundation documentation regarding the incident on ██/██/████.

_

Field Report 2253-V

_


_

René Dermott, Francis Connelly, and Gideon Branson had been monitoring the target for weeks, now. Their rival was good, no doubt about that. Outwardly, the place seemed like a normal business. Sales and tax records showed no suspicious activity, and the background checks on the owners came up clean. No one would suspect a thing if they didn't know how they operated. Arrogant, always arrogant. Too obvious with their cover, and, in the opinion of Mr. Connelly, terribly ordinary. This business required finesse — the sort of skill unique to their organization. Evidently, Francis' colleagues disagreed with him, because they were preparing to capture their target by force. Their usual methods had fell through, and his partners, being unaccustomed to field work, chose to risk it all and vanish rather than continue operating in the open.

"You good, Fran?" Gideon Branson said with genuine concern, a rarity in his line of work.

"Terribly so, Mr. Branson, thank you," replied Francis.

"You talk like you are from a movie, Connelly," René Dermott commented with unconcealed distaste.

"Why, thank you, dear René," Francis chided with concealed distaste.

"Ahh, that's just how Fran talks, Mrs. D. He don't mean nothing by it, I swears," said Mr. Branson.

They continued to prepare themselves in silence. Each had a small firearm in case things came to that, though only one of them knew how to use it. Gideon parked their stake-out car in an alley across the street, and all three met and casually walked into the brewery. It was empty, save for a young man behind the counter and a few customers sitting and enjoying their drinks. Almost immediately, the hanging lamps began to sway slowly. Then, the light bulbs exploded and the building was thrown into darkness. A few people screamed when the lights went out, but there was only a moment of blindness.

A soft green glow radiated from behind the counter. As it grew brighter, tables and chairs began to levitate. The faint outline of a man became distinguishable in the eerie light, and shot glasses hung in the air with the furniture. René Dermott, Francis Connelly, and Gideon Branson barely dodged a table when it sped toward them without warning. They sought cover behind it after it landed to protect themselves from an onslaught of cheap dining furniture.

"Shoot it, for the love of God! Shoot it!" Francis yelled.

Several shots were fired into blackness, until no bullets were left, but this only seemed to increase the speed of the projectiles.

The green glow crept closer to the three intruders. Just as Sgt. Diana apprehended them, a ghostly voice filled their ears…

"Tell King George that this is how we party in America."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License