'Xyreaux-Schulman Extension Component' (AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW)

rating: +49+x
AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Status In Reserve
Demand None
Value 1300SOL/2500USD/2000GBP per Piece
Availability Current Inventory (4)
Identifier Xyreaux-Schulman Extension Component
Description A peripheral for the Schulman-NY Programmable Mnestic Device which allows the user to locate other instances of the subject's existence across a predetermined range of reality constructs. The device identifies the subject's Scranton signature and locates identical (or similar within a specified percentage) instances of their existence.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Initial Report
Author Xyreaux Date June 28, 2041
Interest Low Identifier Xyreaux-Schulman Extenesion Component
With sociopolitical tension in Zeta-011 maxing out as the war worsens, most individuals are simply looking for an escape; while all other means involve relocating and abandoning personal ties, this item will provide a range of nearly identical options. The Xyreaux-Schulman Extension Component uses the same technology found in the SCP Foundation's Scranton Reality Anchors and Aetheric Resonance Imaging equipment in order to parse overlapping or similar reality constructs; through these means, it becomes possible to switch bodies with an instance of oneself from a separate reality construct.
Financial Note: My current limitations lie in the fact that a swap cannot occur unless it is completed using the same apparatus on the other end, meaning this service requires for our agents to track and temporarily detain the client's target instance in order to complete the process. The varying difficulty of physically accessing a reality construct dissimilar from baseline makes it nigh-impossible to market this service to most of Zeta-01's population, meaning a galaxy-wide product launch is unlikely until service fee parameters are developed.
File Opened Under: AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Inventory Information
AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Owner Quantity Comments
Marshall, Carter and Dark LLP 4 items Production may continue following development of sales protocol and marketing plan.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 01
AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Sender Xyreaux Recipient Bruce Schulman Jr.
It would be ideal to have you present here at some point soon to offer your input on this item's marketing, as well as the logistics of using it. I've been asking around the Hitchhiker's Lounge (our brand-new Zeta-01 nightclub establishment, as I'm sure you heard) for willing test subjects and have found three who are interested. One is human, and the other two are traveling friends who politely declined to disclose their origin planet. (However, they have a central nervous system and brain stem, which is all your device needs to perform its functions.)

I expect we will also receive complaints about the ethics of allowing an individual to control the fate of an instance of themself who is not aware of the situation. I expect some moderate-to-severe social fallout at the Lounge if I launch this here, likely even from our own members to some degree. Tweaking reality appears to be one of the few anomalous activities that still makes most uneasy.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP


Memo 02
AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Sender Xyreaux Recipient Bruce Schulman Jr.
The only additional issue I've noted since we spoke is the following: Not all instances of one's consciousness are the same. The identity of my secondary brain is at least three different species, and I'm finding more instances still. I don't know if clients will find this problematic given the extenuating circumstances causing people to want this, but it's worth noting.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 03
AC42E/NC77Q/95DCW
Sender Bruce Schulman Jr. Recipient Xyreaux
Keep going. It's worth it. What we discussed previously will give you an easier operating method and potentially more stable results. Just wait for that, please.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License